New build by Dallas Lane

I'm glad it's not a 6.5prc! Very nice! A friend of mine has a 6.5saum also and feeds it 130gr AR-hyb Bergers. Other than that I don't know much anything else about it? Not trying to be off topic, but having AR's chambered from companies that don't offer chambers of what you want is a big search for me! Some get you for $75 for custom reamers (probably fair) for rental charge. If anyone has info for me please do it in any of my AR threads so not to derail this 1!

Either of those scopes will work fine shined up in your gun safe.
I hunt, reload, and shoot over a thousand rounds a year at 1000 yards with an assortment of lapua, lapua ai, and 338-378 with 300 gr bullets. I would't think of using either of those on my rifles. NX8 4-32 to keep the weight down or if you bump up another 6 to 10 oz there are lots of options.
Not my first rodeo chief, it'll do just fine. I have an assortment of NF, S&B, swaro, etc…I've never had a RZR fail, but I have with literally every other brand, to include Kahles, S&B, Minox ZP5's, and NF. Everyone's experiences are different and I've seen a lot of optics fail during PRS matches and such, but I'm a show me kinda guy and I have confidence in the optic that's on it. My $.02

My latest and possibly favorite build. I have a handful of Dallas's rigs, this one is so light and balanced that the others may collect a little dust this season. Chambered in 6.5 RSAUM for Prime ammo, I get tired of reloading now that I have a kid. Taking it to the range on the 26th and can't wait.

AnTi LA
Gunwerks Clymr stock
TT Diamond
APA brake
Hawkins rings
Vortex RZR LHT 4-5-22
20" proof

I can't wait to fill my freezers this year!

View attachment 486806View attachment 486807View attachment 486808View attachment 486809
Beautiful

My latest and possibly favorite build. I have a handful of Dallas's rigs, this one is so light and balanced that the others may collect a little dust this season. Chambered in 6.5 RSAUM for Prime ammo, I get tired of reloading now that I have a kid. Taking it to the range on the 26th and can't wait.

AnTi LA
Gunwerks Clymr stock
TT Diamond
APA brake
Hawkins rings
Vortex RZR LHT 4-5-22
20" proof

I can't wait to fill my freezers this year!

View attachment 486806View attachment 486807View attachment 486808View attachment 486809
I have a 300wm that Dallas made for me and it is hands down my favorite rifle. He does great work.

Very nice! Love the stock and chambering! I, too, have a newly built 6.5 SAUM, but haven't gotten a chance to fire it yet. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks. Would love to look at the ammo you got vs what I'm loading!
Dissected a round for you

COAL. 2.806
BTO 2.214
Shoulder 1.643
BOAL 2.021
Primer seated .006 below base
Bullet 142 SMK (weighed 141.9)
Charge weight 63.0 gr of mystery powder (heavy like h1000)

Primer was red so not FGMM or CCI based on what I have on hand. Aren't regular federal blue box primers red? I haven't touched a non match grade primer that wasn't CCI in over a decade so I don't know.

A lot more neck tension than I have ever ran when I reload. Used a hammer puller and could have killed someone with the force required to get the bullet out ha. Also, no chamfer or deburr on the brass.

If the Prime ammo gives me reasonable accuracy and SD/ES, I'll just keep paying $2 a round for it and maybe sell the brass after. $2 a round is well worth it to not go through the reloading process.

Last edited:
Check out this awesome rig Dallas just sent to me! 33XC. 🔨🔨🔨

@Rum Man will love this big boy!

Attachments

• IMG_20230720_191427.jpg
    IMG_20230720_191427.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 94