New build

I had a .308 custom built off a M7 action. Literally put 3 shots in the same hole at 100.

Wish I still had that rifle, but some jerkoff thief wanted it more, apparantly...

I have a donor rem youth model 7 in 243 for the action , what would y'all build off that donor ??

Depending on what you want to use it for you can go with a 260 (6.5 308) and all of the WSMs and SAUMs I have a 338 RCM on one and it is awesome. also a 7/08 on one .

There are lots of rounds that will work because the magazine is the same length as the short action 700. A 40x or XP Jewell trigger will also work.

Great little action.

J E CUSTOM

I love my 6mm's. With that being said, I'd step upp to a 6.5 cartridge to run heavier bullets.

From the research and the advice that I have gotten from this site and others. You would probably get more from the 6.5 creedmoor cartridge. I have recent started working on getting th supplies for a similar build in a Savage action.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.