New build

busse fan

Hi fellas. I have the itch to build a new stick. I'm really happy with my 6.5x47 and would like a big brother for more oomph on elk/moose. Was looking at the 300 and 338 Norma. 338 lapua. 30/338 lapua. Might consider a 7 as well. Rifle needs a 26", plus a brake if appropriate. Shouldn't weigh more than 8.5 naked. Would be shooting 180, 215/230 and 300 exclusively. Should smash critters at 30 yards if walking to my ridge and then out to 1k as well. My 6.5 pua is built on a stiller tac 30 and I like it but would also consider other actions. McMillan or manners of course and most likely a benchmark barrel. Must be a repeater but I don't want extended mags that stick out.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

I love my RBROS 6.5x47 as well. I would go with a 300 WM. Heres the specs on mine:
-26" Brux #3
-Holland brake
-Borden action
-Jewel trigger
-Obendorf BM
-Mcmillan Game Scout-
-5-20x56 NF SHV
Rifle finishes at 10 lb 2 oz. Shoots the 215's incredibly accurate right at 3000 fps. This I feel is light enough to carry and also balances nice if a off hand shot presents itself. Another nice stock to consider would be a Manners EH1. Defiance also makes a really nice action. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.