New addition to the Allen family....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
To all,

Just to keep things on the up and up, Over the last several evenings, I have finished up the first 50 Allen Tactical rifle. THis round is basically my 338 AM necked up to 0.510" to shoot the 50 BMG bullets.

I just started initial load testing. Started with 110 gr of RL-22 under a Mil surplus 700 gr AP BT. First shot had a hang fire long enough to have a sandwitch between trigger fall and ignition!!!

Jumped up 10 more gains and things started to settle in. No chrono data yet, just getting an idea of the working powder ranges to start with. Basically just wanted to see if she went bang!!!

Made it up to 142 gr RL-22 and still no pressure signs in any way and at 100% load density. Rl-22 may be to slow for the 700 gr pill, H-4350 or Rl-19 maybe just right. Rl-22 should be about perfect for the heavier pills such as the 750 gr A-Max and the 835 gr ULD RBBT SP if I dare to try her in this rifle. Recoil in the 16 lb rifle with 142 gr is not warm and fuzzy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Main reason I posted!!!

Saturday morning at 9:14 am little Kenzie Marie Allen decided to show up 2 weeks early making my wife and I first time parents!!

1021One_day_old_Kenzie_Marie_Allen-med.jpg

She was 20" long and weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. Not a monster but surely a keeper. She is getting cuter every day!!!! When they arrive you really wonder what they will turn out like!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, the last couple days have been a bit crazy as all of you with kids know all to well. As a newbie I am learning fast but have a scary amount to learn in a hurry.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know. As far as customers, I have a couple pressing projects that I still want to get out ASAP but this may slow things down a few days until we get the new little beauty settled in and not keeping us up through the nights. I appreciate all your patients and assure you the delays will not be long.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,
A big congrats on your new addition. Parenting is one of the amazing ways that God grows up. Just wait till she gets interested in boys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Enjoy every moment-they grow up faster than you would ever imagine.

Very good Kirby. I'm happy for you. I'd consider myself lucky just to have a healthy child. You take whatever time you need to keep momma and newbie comfortable.

Fantastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Great looking baby.

Now just get her to smile and post the picture so we can finally see an Allen smile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It doesn't get any better than that. Now I know why you were a little behind in shop work about 8 or 9 months back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope momma and baby are well and they don't let the cold weather get to them.

I have a 1 year old grand daughter named Makenzie and she gets called "Kenzie". You picked a good name.

Congrats Kirby, talk about a super Christmas present. looks like you built another keeper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kids truly are one of the best gifts you can ever recieve in life. Even though some days you won't think so...

Enjoy her. They grow fast....

Congratulations Kirby to you and your wife!

I've got a daughter due to arrive in February as well. The first one is a little nerve wracking, if you're not used to taking care of them, but you'll step up fine I imagine. Just remember that they grow up real fast, faster than you imagine. Enjoy and again, congratulations.

Matt Roth

What a wonderful Christmas present! You'll figure the parenting part out real fast, you don't have a choice now. It's pretty easy after you get into it. I can tell that in 4 years or so, you'll have a little helper in that shop.
Congrats on your new addition, she's the best one yet!

[ QUOTE ]
and not keeping us up through the nights.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations Kirby! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Oh, and ummmm,about the not sleeping thing......plan on about 3 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats Kirby

What no "magnum" in her name???
Enjoy as other have said they grow up fast!!

CAM

Kirby and Mom,

Congratulations on your new project! This project will take approx. 18 years to complete, but it will be one of your most important and most rewarding. Enjoy the journey.
By the way, I clearly see a resemlence, primarily the haircut and eyebrows are all you man.

Sincerely,
Vic

I think you'll find that have 2 girls in your life is kinda like making that jump from 1000 yds to 2000 yds. It's only twice as far but is exponitially more difficult!!!!

Congrats to both of you. The first few months were kind of trying. You do a whole lotta work and all you get is a crying baby and messy diaper!! Once Ainslee smiled @ me she had me wrapped around her finger. Parenthood just keeps getting more rewarding and fun as she gets older.

As for the boy thing: I'll see you in prison in about 15-16 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Congratulations.- You´d better start preparing something to scare teenagers off her when she grows up.Kids are truly great...they take some time and sleep off you.. but wait until you get a smile from her.-

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.