New 7 Rem Mag

Willys46

Just wanted to put up a pick on my new stick.

Big thanks to Joel Russo for all the help.

Specs.
Weatherby MKV Action Trued
Hart 28 inch Barrel
Ken Farrel Rings and Bases
NightForce 5.22.50 NP-R1
Bell and Carlson stock

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

Barrel is a #3 Contour Hart with 8 flutes. Muzzel Dia is .780.

It turned out great! This is the secound barrel I have put on this gun in the last two years. The first was a Pac-Nor 3 groove and I could not get it to shoot worth a darn and stop copper fouling. After 40 shoots through this thing it cleans WAY easier!

Willys

Glad I could help you out Willys.

It's always a pleasure. :)

Now dump that ugly looking black thing under the barreled action and flash it up a bit....;)

I should not ask this, but who trued the MKV action? I just picked up a used Accumark in 7STW and may want to tune it up a tad. I really should consult a professional.

Pacnor did the true of the action when I had the first barrel put on. I owuld wait tell I was getting another tube stuck on before having anything done.

You can see about getting the lugs lapped to make sure they are in good contact. Shoot it first, but weather always put for tip pressure on there guns. You can remove the pressure but some shoot better with it!

Thanks for the kind words. I just need to get some blood on it quick!

Willys

Cody, that's a pretty serious looking gun there. I imagine it shoots really good too.

I bet you have had a chance to "bloody it up" this fall? Nice gun, bring it up here and shoot some of these pesky coyotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.