New .260

New rifle I am, working on I just skim bed it and duracoat it, waiting for scope base, stainless Remington 700 action, bolt trued, lugs lapped. It has a Kreiger spiral fluted barrel with a 1/8 twist. 24" long with a standard Palma contour. Stock is a manners mcs gat with two flush cups, a swivel on the forearm and a badger ordnance mini chassis. Caliber .260

I need to find some good loads now for the 1/8 barrel

Looks Great! - Congratulations!. 260 will be my next rifle if I can get components. I am looking forward to following this thread.

It would be nice to see some loads for the 123 grain Lapua Scenar using H4350 and Lapua brass. I know that is not a hunting bullet but I would also like to use the rifle for longer range paper punching.

I am still having a hard time figuring what color to paint the stock, something that goes with the stainless, I settled for now on the dark earth.
I am contemplating painting the stainless black?

any ideas out there

I like my girls without makeup. That rifle looks badass the way it is, I think that is one of the reasons I like the looks of it so much. Bad, Bad, Bad!!

Sweet looking stick!

I've really interested in the MCS GAT stock as well. How is the length-of-"pull" to the trigger? What's she weigh all-up?

I like it!! - Now go out and get it dirty and report back with said results.

We just started load development for 123 SMKs and Varget. While Varget is not the best powder we have ALOT of it is showing real promise @ 39.0 W/ BR2s groups in the 3s have not shot over chrono yet but will post when I do. Nice buid like the camo

Lapua brass, 142 smk, and 43gr H4350 is a shooter in my TRG! Modest velocity at 2750fps, easy on brass, and it is very consistent.

Very nice rifle you have there!

Last edited:
I resized some 7mm 08 brass, man was that easy

I loaded 3 different loads
h1000
varget

Berger 140 VLDs, can't seat them deep,
though I need to play with the Seating

I will give them a try as soon as my base gets here

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts