Problem with new .260 barrel

Was really looking for suggestions for specific weight hammer type bullets and load specs since these type of bullets are to be treated "special"

Was really looking for suggestions for specific weight hammer type bullets and load specs since these type of bullets are to be treated "special"
With Hammer bullets it depends on your goal , game your shooting , distance , vel etc ,etc they have a lot of offerings . There is a page on this forum that the members have compiled , both for the reg Hammer and the absolute Hammers . If you can't find a load there call Steve at Hammer bullets and I bet he will recommend a load for you . My recommended bullets from experience would be the 109 gr absolute , 123 gr absolute , 124 gr Hammer or the 131 gr hammer . Those all are great bullets.The124 gr is hard too beat and easy too load for , if your looking for a bullet that would be a great deer hunting , antelope bullet the 109 gr will smoke some vel out of that 260 . I have a load in one of my 6.5 prcs shooting the 109 gr at 3728 fps using N560 .

My 3 260 Rem's all have 1/8 twist Bbl's. Exceptional accuracy with 120 to 130gr mono bullets. Barnes, Hammer, & Badlands Precision brands. Rel 26 powder. Feel free to PM me if you would like.
Right, my barrel was supposed to be 1:8…but is 1:7. Not ideal for the 120-140 I don't believe. Ordered the 124 HH…will see what they do with some Varget or 15.5