Nesika/Hart

geargrinder

I'm not sure I am asking the correct questions so please excuse the rambling. Let me know if it is incoherent.

A buddy of mine recently gave me a Hart #5 contour barrel chambered in 300RUM. He had it on a Nesika action. Are there any actions that are dimensionally similar and cheaper than the Nesika? I need a LH action. I think the Borden Timbeline Magnum is pretty close as far as tenon diameter and TPI but how much work to make them work together?

Well , Remington has 1.062 x 16 TPI and Savage small shank Savage has a 1.062 x 20 TPI and I believe that the Large shank Savage has a 1.125 x 20 TPI shank.

I don't know what the action thread is for Nesika actions is but the worst case would be to cut the threaded shank off and have it threaded for the action you want , granted you will be loosing about 1-1.5" of barrel length but at the same time you will be cleaning up the eroded throat section of the barrel.

Kirby,

I was hoping you would find this and chime in.

I don't think my wife will ever give me enough allowance to afford a Nesika. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It is 1-1/16x18 TPI.

Yes the Borden receivers have that same thread. The barrel shank length will be different however so you would need to cut the shank back to the correct dimension and then deepen the chamber a bit but you would not loose much barrel length.

Other then that I think you would have to chop the threads and start over.

Kirby Allen(50)

I had a Nesika M10 action and sold it to a friend. He called and asked where I got the action because he couldn't get a barrel to screw on. Seems this action had 16TPI and he had threaded the barrel for the normal 18TPI. It always pays to check.

[ QUOTE ]
I had a Nesika M10 action and sold it to a friend. He called and asked where I got the action because he couldn't get a barrel to screw on. Seems this action had 16TPI and he had threaded the barrel for the normal 18TPI. It always pays to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did check. When my buddy gave it to me, he said "Just go get a cheap 700 ADL and have it screwed on." So I was checking to make sure it was 16 TPI. I measured out half an inch and kept counting 9 threads instead of 8. Boy, was I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.