'Big' actions Hall, Stiller or Nesika

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

I am working on the 'next' rifle project. The base of the case will be .600 plus so I'm looking into .750 bolt face actions. Normally I prefer Why Mark V but the .720 face does not make me comfortable when exceeding 338LM,460Wby base dimensions.

There is a 'Big' Hall available near me, Stiller Predator Extreme/TAC 338 or Nesika with a delivery wait.

I'm not going as big as a CheyTac. For that I would go with a Stiller 408.

Suggestions or comments please.

For a case head that large I would want the security of a 1.125 or larger tenon diameter. 1.187 or 1.250 would add a lot of security depending on the pressures involved. The Weatherby is only 1.062".

Just what do you have going there?

For a case head that large I would want the security of a 1.125 or larger tenon diameter. 1.187 or 1.250 would add a lot of security depending on the pressures involved. The Weatherby is only 1.062".

Just what do you have going there?
Went with the Hall, a repeater. Currently in 300 Weatherby Magnum. Shoots well so I don't have the heart to change it yet.

I have about the maximum number of projects going right now anyway. Just enough time to shoot, work and work on hobbies.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.