Need some Bullet Advice for Elk

Federal Gold Medal 300winmag 190gr SMK, 35yds qourting to. Hit center chest, exited... Well you see it. Exit wound was about 19in long and 9in wide.

Accubonds, no question, best choice. You can read about Shawns experience with at BT (slightly superior killing projectile than a MK) here [ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> When I built the first 338 EDGE that you read the article about, I loaded some 200 grain Nosler BT @ 3522 fps out of the 26" tube. I shot a deer at 315 yards with it. The shot was broadside hit a rib on the way in and never exited the deer. Small bullet frags were against the skin on the far side but never penetrated. The inside and most of the front quarter was cranberry sauced. (lesson learned).

[/ QUOTE ] </font> </font> </font>

My favorite story about BT's/MK and other <font color="red"> Inferior </font> projectiles. I called Nosler to ask why they dropped BT's in .375 - Ans: [ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> We don't want any more customers ****ing off cape buffalo's. Use the accubond, same BC as the BT and far superior for dangerous game

[/ QUOTE ] </font> </font> </font>

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.