Need Input on Custom Rifle Components

A different opinion.. Suppressors are nice to shoot off the bench, target work.. But I walk a lot while hunting with my rifle on a sling. The suppressor makes the rifle long and very front heavy, out of balance.. Or a short barrel, sacrifice velocity, and to me still out of balance..
I have two suppressors including a 7'' TBAC, neither gets use on any of my serious rifles.. But I'm old school, I guess.. How did that happen?
I dislike heavy scopes too for the same reasons, I guess..

Received an email from a suppressor shoo last week, staying wait times for suppressors is down to 4 weeks now. With the new all electronic filing. You might be able to get your suppressor before your build is complete.

I anticipated getting differing views. I am really conflicted at this point. I guess I have too much time on my hands right now. Weight and balance is important to me. Although I do not have personal experience with suppressors in a hunting scenario, I have a great deal of experience with brakes. I like the recoil reduction and ability to get back on target quickly with brakes, but I don't like the concussion and blast effect. A 24" barrel with a 7" suppressor may present more problems than benefit in most of my hunting situations. Since I've got my mind pretty much set on the March F 3-24X52, I will continue down that path. Maybe I will sell that Browning 308 and buy the suppressor. Maybe not….. There are too many things I want to experience and everyone of them take a basket full of $$$ and come with compromise.

I'm not sure what the right forum is for this question as it covers optics and suppressors. I am struggling with the decision between higher end glass or suppressor. Sure I would like both, but sometimes you just need to pump the brakes on the $$$ you spend on one rifle.

Option 1: Spend approximately $3k on great glass and forego the suppressor. I have a brake on the build order that will come in at $320 for the brake and contouring/timing.

Option 2: Spend approximately $1500 on a suppressor (includes tax stamp), eliminate the brake, and spend around $2k on glass.

This will be primarily a hunting rifle, but will see some time at the range as well. My hearing is suffering at this point, but so is my eye sight. Growing old is a pain sometimes.

Words of wisdom is appreciated.
Get you a nightforce nsx-1800.00 and you can't go wrong

Well, I won't bore you with all the details, but it is a 280AI on a Anti X action, and 24" Proof Sendero CF barrel. I have a Mesa Altitude stock on order. The action is the long pole in the tent. Wait, wait, wait.
It's gonna be a real nice gun.
I have 3 suppressors..All are SilencerCo.
The 30 cal.Omega is my favorite You can get one for less than $1500.
Get your March scope and the Omega.You will be on price budget you set.Good Luck on your choices.

When I built my custom rifle last year, spent $1,728.05 (SportOptics gave me a discount from $1,899.99) on my Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50 ZMOA Reticle w/BDC Turret (great glass - expectational glass at low light) and just order the suppressor. Currently using a brake until the suppressor come in. You can get great glass under $2k.

Also I purchased a can in Mid-December and still have not heard anything. Although I have seen date stamps from a local dealer showing 95 days on a form 4

I've really wanted to like the NF scopes. Obviously they are a proven optic, but they are all over my target weight of 25 oz. I also looked closely at the Zeiss. They were in the running, but just did not beat out the March in my mind. I just did not want to compromise on the weight issue and I'm moving out of my SFP box this time around. If I had unlimited funds, everything would be easier. I will buy a suppressor at some point. I just need to get over the costs of this build.

Received an email from a suppressor shoo last week, staying wait times for suppressors is down to 4 weeks now. With the new all electronic filing. You might be able to get your suppressor before your build is complete.
My buddy bought a suppressor in early December and the store told him the same thing! 😂
My last suppressor took 11.5 months.

To the OP. Buy the suppressor now because of the wait game. Get as much scope as you can with what is left over. Buying a new scope is a much quicker solution than buying a suppressor a year from now and then waiting another year.

Go the scope. The barrel is already threaded for the muzzle brake. Not that big of a deal to unthread and thread the suppressor on later. Ear plugs work. Me being from an Armor Cal Unit in Vietnam. Where do you think my hearing at. We didn't have any earplugs, and, I wouldn't use them anyway. My ears still ring to day. 52 years later.

Excellent choice in .280AI! There are more than a few great options in quality glass. I have a brake on my rifle and use hearing protection and am very comfortable with that set up. Suppressors are great but in retirement do not have disposable income for that luxury. Make sure you get a set up with no regrets or second guessing. We old timers have earned it and am enjoying hunting and shooting just as much when I was younger. Good luck and keep us posted!