Need help with pressure problems

I don't have one of those. First picture is new unfired. Second pic was the stuck case that had to be tapped out. I know my measurements are not exact as your device but I think mine shows something

flip any handgun spent brass 9, 380, 40 case upside down and use in place of the hornady comparator ,

out of all the different prices there are to choose from , this one is my favorite !!! FREE

Last edited:
Dusty
Not sure how to go about this.
I'm a retired LEO and happen to have picked up a truck load of 40 cal brass when we would qualify with duty ammo. I got plenty of 40 brass.

Last edited:
Mud my brass was 2.502. Would 2 thou cause this much issue I'm not sure but don't think so.
I will report back once Remington looks her over and follow lances recommendations.
Yes, you never want your brass to be long. Max SAAMI length is 2.500", so I would try trimming your cases back to 2.495 or so, and shoot one or two to see if it helps. If not, you have other chamber issues.

75E82044-47E5-4B9D-9847-86D4481C197E.png

So today I followed Dusty's lead and used a 40 cal piece of brass.
New 2.971
Fired 2.978
FL resized 2.977–2.980
Stuck case that had to be forcibly removed 2.986
Stuck case was also ruptured at the belt area forward

Last edited:
Just saying a common denominator with a lot of people and load/pressure issues myself included is Hornady brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.