Need a scope

The new Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 with the ZMOA reticle( 2 moa hash marks up to 20 Moa) is the next best thing to a Nightforce, it has an awesome Zero stop turret.
Looks like there was a review on this website on this scope. Looks like a solid choice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Looks like there was a review on this website on this scope. Looks like a solid choice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Your Welcome, I think they're worth a look.
I was a very dedicated Leupold guy and after 30 years of using them without one issue it was hard to switch brands, for my lightweight hunting rifles I was using VX3i 4.5-14x40 30mm scopes, I also tried a VX5 HD 3-15x44 which is also an excellent scope, a friend of mine owns Precision Optics and strongly suggested I look at the Zeiss V4 line,

I ordered a V4 4-16x44 although heavier I think for a long range hunting scope it's a great compromise, optics are top notch, a very sturdy MOA dial, tons of vertical MOA adjustment, tough as nails(don't ask how I know)
I mounted it on my 6.5 PRC and was very pleased, since then I have them on most of my go to rifles now.

Real tempted to look at the 6x24 as well. Only 2oz heavier than the 4-16
Going on my 6.5 SAUM which is similar to your PRC.
Just not sure that I want the 50mm objective thou.

Real tempted to look at the 6x24 as well. Only 2oz heavier than the 4-16
Going on my 6.5 SAUM which is similar to your PRC.
Just not sure that I want the 50mm objective thou.

I agree I prefer a 44mm objective at most on my hunting rifles with a lower 3x or 4x for a starting point , I did put a V4 6-24x50 I bought from a member on LRH on my 6.5CM, its a Stiller action with a 28" Bartlein, it shoots awesome and the scope is great but not a handy rig for back packing !!!
Here's some pictures of my rifles with the Zeiss scopes for reference

Husky 280AI 4-16x44

Kimber Montana 84M 6.5-284 4-16x44

Win 70 6mmCM 4-16x44

Husky 6.5-284 4-16x44

28" Bartlein 6.5CM 6-24x50

6.5 PRC 4-16x44

the VX3i LRP may be worth considering..... 4.5x14 or 6.5x20.
less zoom multiplying capability with a lower price point.
turrets are very positive and audible with some space between the clicks, not so crowded like some of the other models.

The Leupold VX6HD with the 44mm obj in 3 x 18 meets or beats all of your criteria. I have been completely satisfied with mine to the extent I have ordered 2 more for current projects.

If you are truly counting ounces, check out the Vortex Razor LH - their 3-15x42 is about 16oz. Excellent optics, excellent reticles. Swarovski Z5 is pretty light too.

So, I am running a NXS 2.5-10x42 on my 6.5 Saum light weight rifle at present.
Great scope, but moving it to my AR15 6.5 Grendel.
So, I need to get another scope for the light weight 6.5 rig, and would light to up the top end magnification to 15-18 power. Want to keep the weight as light as possible, 20oz, 25 oz at the most, repeatable MOA turret, and some type of reticle that has hash marks at least on the horizontal plane in order to hold windage. SFP scope.
I am used to Nightforce bullet proof quality.
Recommendations requested.
I strongly recommend the Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x with the HSR4 reticle.....love mine excellent glass quality, and I do also have NF scopes, so my comparison isn't to some cheap scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts