need a good scope

grit

I was recently introduced to the long range world. Over the last several weeks I've been experimenting and reading. My question is, is there a scope that will fill the long range requirements: repeatability,paralax adjustment, 4-16 magnification, enough elevation adjustment,etc., for say $5-600?
Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
I was recently introduced to the long range world. Over the last several weeks I've been experimenting and reading. My question is, is there a scope that will fill the long range requirements: repeatability,paralax adjustment, 4-16 magnification, enough elevation adjustment,etc., for say $5-600?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I would recommend the Nikon Monarch. Not sure how much "up" you require though. But the monarch would probably suit you..sakofan....Welcome to LRH!!!!!!

Maybe you want to look at the Zeiss lineup. Great target knobs, glass and good old German manufacturing. I had a Nikon also but sold it and put the Zeiss on it, not that the Nikon was bad, the Zeiss is just better IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you want to look at the Zeiss lineup. Great target knobs, glass and good old German manufacturing. I had a Nikon also but sold it and put the Zeiss on it, not that the Nikon was bad, the Zeiss is just better IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest the Conquest too, but I thought it would put him over his budget somewhat..sakofan.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I looked at both the scope lines. Nikon makes a 4-12 and a 5.5-16.5 in the Monarch. I would prefer nothing greater than 4 power on the bottom, and higher than 12 power on the top. Nikon also makes a 4-14 side focus in the Buckmaster line, is this a good scope? Zeiss makes a 4.5-14 in the Conquest, but they only put the nice target knobs on the 6.5-20. The knobs on the 4.5-14 looked rather cheesy.

Any suggestions??

I'd stick with the Monarch.
As much as I liked my Buckmaster, the Monarch is really a better optic.

The Conquest has good knobs too, as the previous poster suggested....sakofan...

i got an 8-32x50 burris black diamond listed here that could be bought for $500 plus shipping,excellent long range & bench scope,target turrets & adj a/o

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.