My thoughts on solid copper bullets and in comparison to other bullet types.

Here's a great option and alternative to solid copper varieties, yet is still lead free. It features a compressed metal powder core with a swaged copper jacket. The core begins coming apart after about 2" of penetration and absolutely shreds vital organs. I've used them quite a bit with excellent results. I truly believe this is the best answer for a lead-free hunting bullet.

This is a 200gr Terminal Shock from Dynamic Research Technologies.

View attachment 336091View attachment 336092
Do you get exits with these bullets?

Here's a great option and alternative to solid copper varieties, yet is still lead free. It features a compressed metal powder core with a swaged copper jacket. The core begins coming apart after about 2" of penetration and absolutely shreds vital organs. I've used them quite a bit with excellent results. I truly believe this is the best answer for a lead-free hunting bullet.

This is a 200gr Terminal Shock from Dynamic Research Technologies.

View attachment 336091View attachment 336092
Thank you @Petey308
The more offerings we have the more likely we will be to have something to shoot and hunt!

Occasionally. With a higher sectional density like that 200gr version, it does happen, but there's typically not much to recover and examine. The animals always drop where they stood though. The amount of wounding and energy transferred is amazing.
Interesting…..so would you suggest heavy for caliber with these? How far have you taken an animal and how good would they be for a long range hunting bullet?

Thank you @Petey308
The more offerings we have the more likely we will be to have something to shoot and hunt!
Having many options only benefits the consumer. Having so many choices is great and allows one to make the best decision for his/her needs without settling.

It does, however, tend to create bias and personal preferences and those things tend to get pushed on others. We see that sort of thing on this forum a lot. Someone isn't using the same thing as someone else and they get called out on it like they're making a mistake. It's unfortunate, to say the least.

They changed their copper supplier around June/July of 2021, so it is a different copper, though I believe a similar type of copper.
Ok, I thought I had heard that but there's so many threads to comb through lol.

Speaking about badlands….they must be having issues, I can't get ahold of them via email or phone.

Having many options only benefits the consumer. Having so many choices is great and allows one to make the best decision for his/her needs without settling.

It does, however, tend to create bias and personal preferences and those things tend to get pushed on others. We see that sort of thing on this forum a lot. Someone isn't using the same thing as someone else and they get called out on it like they're making a mistake. It's unfortunate, to say the least.
Yep! Sad but true.

Haha some know exactly what your talking about here…..cough cough

I am only human, I do have my biases, in food, drink, clothes, cars, firearms and so on....but I am always open minded and ready to learn something new every day

Interesting…..so would you suggest heavy for caliber with these? How far have you taken an animal and how good would they be for a long range hunting bullet?
Not necessarily. I've used their 55gr 223 ammo on many whitetails and at multiple distances (longest I think was around 400 yards IIRC).

I prefer these 200gr versions for the added BC in cartridges like my 300wm. The 175gr is a fine version too though.

They'll work down to at least 1400fps and perhaps a bit lower with a good deal of resistance upon impact. In a 300wm at 3000fps MV, that makes them capable to at least 1000 yards.

AADAF84D-6428-4D23-939B-86382C4F022F.jpeg

I am only human, I do have my biases, in food, drink, clothes, cars, firearms and so on....but I am always open minded and ready to learn something new every day
Bias is definitely natural. I certainly have my own biases as well. I still try keep an open mind nonetheless with certain things. Bias is not always permanent.

Ok, I thought I had heard that but there's so many threads to comb through lol.

Speaking about badlands….they must be having issues, I can't get ahold of them via email or phone.
I did see back around September/October their main bullet guy had some major issues with the law. I don't want to get into here. You can find the charges online. Pretty serious though, and shocking. Not sure if that's a reason for not being able to get a hold of them or not though.