My Son-in-laws Christmas Present

For that 710 try 55.9 RL22, 150gr SST,
CBTO 3.630, 210m primer, R-P cases
The few I load for are shooting 2900+ with a .6" group.

So Christmas went very well. My son in law and daughter came over this morning to open gifts and have an early dinner. I didn't really have the time to disguise his gift, but my daughter had bought him a nice SKB hard case for the rifle. When he started opening it up, I told him " well I know you were going to buy a new rifle, so we thought you could use a good gun case." He was convinced that that was what he received. He was very happy with the gift, but didn't open the gun case. I almost started to laugh. I had to say, why don't you open it up to see what the inside looks like. He finally opens the case and see's the rifle. He couldn't believe what he was looking at. He did his best not to cry, but it didnt work. He ran over and gave me and my wife a hug and said that this was the best gift he had ever received. My wife was crying and I will admit that I almost shed a tear as well. The rest of the day, he kept open the gun case and looking at the rifle. His parents joined us for dinner and he could not wait to show his dad what he had received. This made my day. I was so excited to see his expression that I forgot to video him opening it up. In the end, it made my day to see him so happy with his gift.

Finally got my son in law out to shoot his new present. After about 4 shots to get it on paper, he shot his first group with it. This is a 4 shot group at 100 yards. Measures .260. The next group was at 200 yards. It was .976. So far it seems to have some potential.

Attachments

• F21416A7-2F86-42AB-A1B0-BFC34C7F8A0A.jpeg
    F21416A7-2F86-42AB-A1B0-BFC34C7F8A0A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.