My Big one.

308 nate

I just thought Id'e share some pix of the buck I took on opening day.
I realize it probably wouldn't be considered long range.I took him at 200 yds. And He went down without taking a step.
This is the biggest buck I have ever shot.
So naturally I was/am excited! He has a 21" spread and the main beams are 25" long!
with the longest spike being 10" long!

I used my .308 with a 168gr.nosler combined technology.
The .308 is a remingtom 700 action,sleeved bolt,tactical bolt handle,McMillan stock,pillar bedded with teflon coated barrel and action. all the work was done by myself. This gun was my guinea pig when I first started gunsmithing.And whenever I want to try something new I do it to this one first.The gun shoots very well and was prepared to take a 500yd. shot.
the dear was shot in the hills of North Dakota about 15 miles from my home.Pictures were taken at my home because I didn't take a camera with me.
enjoy the pix.

[ 11-10-2004: Message edited by: 308 nate ]

308 nate

Thanks for all the compliments!
Yes, it is a shame the cape is ruined. I had a split second to take the shot And took a neck shot because of his position and I decided I would like to spend the money on more guns instead of having a head mount.(plus I won't have the wall space until I finish building my house) of course I will mount the rack. And in the future I can always use the cape from another deer.
308nate

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce