My Big 8 rebuilt!

257WHBY13

Not the best picture, but had my 8mm Remington Mag rebuilt by Weaver rifles in Colorado; # 3 Krieger Barrel 24", Trigger Tech trigger, McMillan stock, VX 5 3 x 15. Hopefully I will post a few bughole targets in a few weeks.

This rifle started as a 700 Classic, Killed my best 2 Whitetails w/ it on Nov 18th exactly 10 years apart!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6343.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6343.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 160
8mm Rem mag has me intrigued because I like semi-uncommon rounds. I know they lay the smack down, but I don't know that I need a hammer that big. I don't hunt areas currently that have dangerous game or the need for a hammer like that.

One day maybe when I am more rich and less good looking...🤣

8mm Rem mag has me intrigued because I like semi-uncommon rounds. I know they lay the smack down, but I don't know that I need a hammer that big. I don't hunt areas currently that have dangerous game or the need for a hammer like that.

One day maybe when I am more rich and less good looking...🤣
I too am intrigued by less common rounds, and tinkering with loads that haven't been beaten to death in more common rounds (like the 180 woodleigh in 270 Winchester…developed a load literally because I wasn't aware of much data out there and wanted to go into that uncharted territory and create some to share with others 🤣)

My .243, 270, and .300 are very common (though I don't know anyone else whose worked up a 120 gain Barnes to 4000 fps in a .300 winny)

My 257 weatherby isn't common but I know more than one person in my life who also has one. Not many have tried the 75 hammer hunter in it though, so that's my something new. In progress.

My 8mm mauser is no doubt common in some places but not where I live. I actually don't know anyone personally who has one. Got rid of my .308 cuz it was so boring. No real need for a .30-06…this 8mm is the same thing ballistically but it's cool 😎

My most uncommon and favourite Rifle and cartridge of my collection right now is a .358 Norma. Definitely not everyone and their dog has one, in the same company as that 8mm rem mag.

I too am intrigued by less common rounds, and tinkering with loads that haven't been beaten to death in more common rounds (like the 180 woodleigh in 270 Winchester…developed a load literally because I wasn't aware of much data out there and wanted to go into that uncharted territory and create some to share with others 🤣)

My .243, 270, and .300 are very common (though I don't know anyone else whose worked up a 120 gain Barnes to 4000 fps in a .300 winny)

My 257 weatherby isn't common but I know more than one person in my life who also has one. Not many have tried the 75 hammer hunter in it though, so that's my something new. In progress.

My 8mm mauser is no doubt common in some places but not where I live. I actually don't know anyone personally who has one. Got rid of my .308 cuz it was so boring. No real need for a .30-06…this 8mm is the same thing ballistically but it's cool 😎

My most uncommon and favourite Rifle and cartridge of my collection right now is a .358 Norma. Definitely not everyone and their dog has one, in the same company as that 8mm rem mag.
Most my rifles are odd balls - 6.5 x 55, 8 x 57 (700 Classic), 348 Win, 257 WHBY, 8mm Rem Mag...but I do have 308 Win, 300 Win, 6.5 PRC

Very nice looking sporter the OP has there. Looks to be a very well put together long ranger.

I have an 8mag in a CZ action in a B&C sporter stock that makes a great long ranger/sporter/carry rifle for elk. Settled on it by way of mag 30's, 9.3's and .338's. Best compromise of range , power, ballistics and shooting comfortability. The 8x68s I have in the works might even be better in the comfortability characteristic.

Woah woah woah…..

.348 winChester….

Now THATS COOL!!!
I bought a set 1 w/ 24" Barrel & 1 with 20" , same serial but one ends w R or C, kept Rifle , gave my dad the Carbine, think 2002 or '03...... think I paid $1,400 for set. Mine w/ peep sight will shoot close MOA on great day. It did shoot a 3 shoot Clover Leaf once.

Very nice looking sporter the OP has there. Looks to be a very well put together long ranger.

I have an 8mag in a CZ action in a B&C sporter stock that makes a great long ranger/sporter/carry rifle for elk. Settled on it by way of mag 30's, 9.3's and .338's. Best compromise of range , power, ballistics and shooting comfortability. The 8x68s I have in the works might even be better in the comfortability characteristic.
Always wanted 8 x 68S..but my ultimate fantasy Med Bore would be 318 Wesley Richards ...