My Big one.

308 nate

I just thought Id'e share some pix of the buck I took on opening day.
I realize it probably wouldn't be considered long range.I took him at 200 yds. And He went down without taking a step.
This is the biggest buck I have ever shot.
So naturally I was/am excited! He has a 21" spread and the main beams are 25" long!
with the longest spike being 10" long!
grin.gif

I used my .308 with a 168gr.nosler combined technology.
The .308 is a remingtom 700 action,sleeved bolt,tactical bolt handle,McMillan stock,pillar bedded with teflon coated barrel and action. all the work was done by myself. This gun was my guinea pig when I first started gunsmithing.And whenever I want to try something new I do it to this one first.The gun shoots very well and was prepared to take a 500yd. shot.
the dear was shot in the hills of North Dakota about 15 miles from my home.Pictures were taken at my home because I didn't take a camera with me.
enjoy the pix.
smile.gif

958537deer144.jpg

670812deer2609.jpg

16826deer3681.jpg

[ 11-10-2004: Message edited by: 308 nate ]

Thanks for all the compliments!
Yes, it is a shame the cape is ruined. I had a split second to take the shot And took a neck shot because of his position and I decided I would like to spend the money on more guns instead of having a head mount.(plus I won't have the wall space until I finish building my house) of course I will mount the rack. And in the future I can always use the cape from another deer.
308nate

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.