Muzzle break

been shootin brakes a while and there are 3 options that work well.
1. Wear regular muffs around neck. Sight game, drop binos add muffs under .5 second.
2. Wear canal plug style earplugs around neck.
3. Electronic muffs all the time...kinda nice when its chilly.
4. Learn to say huh every time the wife speaks without divorcing.
I just make it a habit to have them just like a rangefinder and binos and a palmpilot or phone. Its just part of it. OR shoot guns that dont need them.....of course any gun without a break can be even more fun with one. Most of what I shoot wouldnt be cool without one. First time you shoot a 9lb edge prone with no brake and a 300 smk youll dig it. I dont even enjoy my 22lb edge without one.

Cory, I forgot the name of the break that you have on your 7mmWSM Gap??
Wild Rose I understand where you are coming from, for me the noise isn't bad, what I need is low recoil!! How bad does your 260 kick? I have started a new build and it is a 260 Ackley Improved, I am planning o0n shooting 140gr Berger VDL's.
Sorry for hijacking the post, I am looking for a Real Good Break.
Greg

AMEN brother

Cory, I forgot the name of the break that you have on your 7mmWSM Gap??
Wild Rose I understand where you are coming from, for me the noise isn't bad, what I need is low recoil!! How bad does your 260 kick? I have started a new build and it is a 260 Ackley Improved, I am planning o0n shooting 140gr Berger VDL's.
Sorry for hijacking the post, I am looking for a Real Good Break.
Greg

Mine is the Badger Thruster brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.