Muzzle break info needed

^ Still haven't seen anything that competes on the sled to Terminator brakes. Maybe close but for sure not beating them. But i may have missed a few videos. But the ones I've seen nothing beats them.
I have a T3 on my 6.5-300 and the rifle remains almost completely motionless when firing, to the point of watching the impact on animals when hunting

Titanium Beast 5 port from Muzzle Brakes and More. Remember, the larger the brake, the more the recoil reduction. You can have your smith taper it to the barrel.
You can have mbm taper and time it. The four port is just as effective feeling to me. Just mic your barrel at the thread and mail him a cap with TDC marked. I have 5 different companies brakes both radial and horizontal. MBM is my fav so far.

Having a 28 nosler built, and looking to put a break on. Barrel will be .650 at muzzle. What thread should I use 5/8 or 9/16?

Also would like some ideas for a break to purchase. What should I be looking for? Thanks for the help.
I have or have had these on I think 11 rifles now and really love them. Call Chuck about threading.

Here's the thread where I learned a lot about muzzle brakes. I started one place and ended up in another.
The weighted sled testing videos which are imbedded in this thread tell it all!!

Brian @ , shoot-long.com has Terminator breaks .
He also answers the phone and calls you back.
You can talk to him about thread pitch, and the breaks come caliber specific ( no sending out to be drilled by gunsmith)

Also the Terminator break has video's comparisons, to many other manufacturers.

Terminator T1 or T1+
APA Micro Bastard Gen 3 - "The Answer"
5/8-24 is .625". Doesn't leave much for a shoulder. Smaller is probably better.

T1 @ .667" vs a Tikka T3 @ .617" pictured below. Headed to gunsmith this week to get threaded and timed.

36B0E4B5-8794-4CEE-8B2C-3E1E34240D26.jpeg

Last edited:
please share what are the other parts. I'm not being a Richard I'm honestly asking to hear other knowledge and experiences.
Three big keys for me are countering torsion, muzzle flip, and the brake not being too brutal on the shooter in the event ear protection is lost or not available when you have that moment.

Sadly, as a rule those that are most effective at recoil reduction tend to fail in at least one or more of those areas, particularly the potential for serious ear damage in the event you have a hearing protection issue.