muzzle brake size

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by ishootkittens, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ishootkittens

ishootkittens Well-Known Member

I am interested in putting an m11 severe duty muzzle brake by precision armament on my #17 krieger. The OD of my barrel at the muzzle is around .905 or close to it. The manufacturer of the m11 claims that my barrel is too large for the brake because the brake is .875. Should I look elsewhere for another brake. Id rather have a flush fitting. Btw the barrel has not been threaded yet. I just assumes I could have the muzzle turned down and threaded to match the threads but I dont want it to look strange when its finished.

2. TXAoudadKlr

TXAoudadKlr Well-Known Member

What round are you shooting? Have you looked at the defensive edge brakes, PK brake or the Fat bastard or little jimmy brake from APA?

3. ishootkittens

Funny you should mention that. I fell in love with the fat bastard shortly after I made this thread. I actually like it a bit better than the m11 anyway

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

In addition, Benchmark's MB, JEC's Assassin, muscle brake/CSR's blast tamer, etc ... lots if good ones out there.

5. TXAoudadKlr

TXAoudadKlr Well-Known Member

Yep all great choices. Just need to know what he's shooting to get him pointed in the right direction

6. ishootkittens

Sorry, More likely that not I will be shooting a 300 Norma improved.

7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

My latest MB to try is the mini tactical version of what's on the video below ( Benchmark Barrels - Muzzle Brakes ) on my .300 WSM. I am very pleased with it developing loads for the 215s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2018