muzzle brake size

ishootkittens

I am interested in putting an m11 severe duty muzzle brake by precision armament on my #17 krieger. The OD of my barrel at the muzzle is around .905 or close to it. The manufacturer of the m11 claims that my barrel is too large for the brake because the brake is .875. Should I look elsewhere for another brake. Id rather have a flush fitting. Btw the barrel has not been threaded yet. I just assumes I could have the muzzle turned down and threaded to match the threads but I dont want it to look strange when its finished.

What round are you shooting? Have you looked at the defensive edge brakes, PK brake or the Fat bastard or little jimmy brake from APA?

In addition, Benchmark's MB, JEC's Assassin, muscle brake/CSR's blast tamer, etc ... lots if good ones out there.

My latest MB to try is the mini tactical version of what's on the video below ( Benchmark Barrels - Muzzle Brakes ) on my .300 WSM. I am very pleased with it developing loads for the 215s.

Benchmark%20Tactical%20MB%202%20of%203_zpswn2pm8bo.jpg

SWFA%205-25x50%20SS%20HDFPP%201%20of%203_zpswv5nivdn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.