Muzzle brake question

OP, I dont know if you ever decided on a brake. But I just got my barrel back from Nathan. 1 week and 1 day from the day I mailed it till it returned. I think it looks great. Can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• IMG_20150819_151740369.jpg
    IMG_20150819_151740369.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 64
OP, I dont know if you ever decided on a brake. But I just got my barrel back from Nathan. 1 week and 1 day from the day I mailed it till it returned. I think it looks great. Can't wait to try it out.

That brake looks nice. I would have to find someone here to install it because I can't take my action off to send it out.
Let me know how well it works.

That brake looks nice. I would have to find someone here to install it because I can't take my action off to send it out.
Let me know how well it works.

Where are you located? Juat asking in case I would know somewhere close to get the brake installed. Also, Harrell's Precision brakes are hard to beat for the money. another plus is that Harrell's is great to deal with. Here is a link:

Muzzle Brakes

My bad, I see you have already been provided with Harrell's link.

My Witt clamp on is scheduled to arrive Friday. I will be bedding my Pro Varmint and installing the brake on my .300 Weatherby. I will be able to report the effectiveness of the brake hopefully Sunday or Monday..

I might look into one of these, let me know how well it works. It will be going on a 300win mag.

I've got the North West Precision Muzzle Brake (slotted version) on 7 Rifles from my .264wm to my .375 Ruger including several 300wm's and 7mm STW's.

This is an extremely effective brake for both muzzle flip and felt recoil reduction and the price is very reasonable.

If you want, I think you can even ship the rifle to them to have them install it.

Muzzle Brake Compensator Rifle or Pistol | eBay

Snowy Mountain Rifles also makes a very similar brake that is equally effective and I know that you can ship them your rifle and have them install the brake for you.

Muzzle Brake | Custom Long Range Precision Rifles | Snowy Mountain Rifles

Wherever you are in the continental US you aren't far from a gunsmith who can do the work and if you are, UPS reaches every corner of the country at reasonable rates.

Got out to the range this morning, with the .300 Weatherby Vanguard and the Witt Machine clamp on brake. I kid you not it took the recoil down to my .243. I am absolutely amazed. I also put a Boyds Pro Varmint on it. It completely changed the shootabilty of this rifle. I will definitely be setting up a couple more of my rifles this way.

Attachments

• WP_20150821_17_35_48_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150821_17_35_48_Pro.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Got out to the range this morning, with the .300 Weatherby Vanguard with the Witt Machine clamp on brake. I kid you not it took the recoil down to my .243. I am absolutely amazed. I also put a Boyds Pro Varmint on it. It completely changed the shootabilty of this rifle. I will definitely be setting up a couple more of my rifles this way.

Yep! There's an LRH member that video taped him and his wife's muley hunt but can't seem to find it. IIRC, it was across the canyon shot.

Got out to the range this morning, with the .300 Weatherby Vanguard and the Witt Machine clamp on brake. I kid you not it took the recoil down to my .243. I am absolutely amazed. I also put a Boyds Pro Varmint on it. It completely changed the shootabilty of this rifle. I will definitely be setting up a couple more of my rifles this way.

Have you seen any difference in muzzle velocity?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.