Musicians that as a youth you under appreciated

David Allen Coe, at one concert he was singing take this job and shove it, someone in the audience told him to stop singing Johnny Paychecks song, he stopped long enough to say I wrote the **** song and I'll sing it if I want to.
I listened to plenty of DAC when I was younger! If you ever have time, listen to this. Interesting life he led.

For me, the biggest were Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Hank Williams, Flatts and Scruggs, Bob Wills, Chuck Berry, Ralph Stanley, Fats Domino and The Osborne Brothers.

I could probably come up with 100 more, but sitting around with the flu ramping up, I have been just adding artists to my playlist and I then going down rabbit holes with each new addition.

This should be a welcome post season disruption.
Robert Plant

David Allen Coe, at one concert he was singing take this job and shove it, someone in the audience told him to stop singing Johnny Paychecks song, he stopped long enough to say I wrote the **** song and I'll sing it if I want to.
DAC makes it sound like he, Willie, and Waylon were good buddies but he is the only one that mentions it…I don't think I've heard them talk about him hardly at all. It comes across as an attempt to hitch his wagon to their reputation, which I have always found odd.

Last edited:

Recent Posts