MT Elk Regulations Should Change!

I did. Nothing that clearly defines it is why I asked. I understand the premise, but was wanting to see the wording.

Its no different than Montana suing to get state management of wolves when they were taken off the E.S list and want the same for G- bears.
You guys from other states want something from Montana take all our wolves and G- bears will be glad to give all them up.

We have our own problems with cougars, wolves, and g bears. That's what happens when predators get introduced without a population control strategy.
You haven't seen anything yet, wait untill the wolves and G- bears expand alot

Its no different than Montana suing to get state management of wolves when they were taken off the E.S list and want the same for G- bears.
You guys from other states want something from Montana take all our wolves and G- bears will be glad to give all them up.
Got the right. I feel that the Giz should be spread around. Colo, Calif, Org, Washington. Utah could be included. I feel share the wealth. Pur them in the Sierra's from San Diego to Canada border.

I didn't take the time to read the whole post I apologize. I'm a non resident. We used to go to Montana every year. Now it's every 3. Used to be $900 ish this year was close to $1400. 4 combo tags no elk. First skunk since 2004. Hunted hard. Saw about 1/3 the hunters compared to last time in '20. Visited with some locals we befriended decades ago. Sounds like wolves came in our particular honey hole last year and chased animals out. I get the whole hate non residents deal. I'd love to be a resident of MT or WY but I am not. My suggestion would be to decrease the tags the state gives to the resident wolf population or eliminate their season altogether. Wouldn't affect the Fish and games budget at all. Never saw a wolf out there until my brother killed one in '20. This year we saw two different packs in two different areas. It's a shame.

The state of Montana is under a constant barrage from lawsuits from special interest groups constantly over the wolf numbers. Most are either from out of state or moved here in the last 10 years, untill we have a President and alot of other politicians, judges etc its not gonna change.

And you have the Ant- trapping groups circling the wagons to get a anti- trapping bill in the next election even though they were trounced last time, it never ends.
Check out Trap Free Montana group and you will see what I'm talking about.
Another is called Footloose.

Last edited:

Recent Posts