Most consistent powder in 300 win

How is it for carbon fouling? Does it burn clean? I like your user name. Elkeater has a nice ring to it,

Pretty clean powder. I'm not one to clean my guns. I shoot with a dirty bore for consistency and right now my .300 has about 150 rounds through it without cleaning.

Pretty clean powder. I'm not one to clean my guns. I shoot with a dirty bore for consistency and right now my .300 has about 150 rounds through it without cleaning.

Nice! I too only clean them if accuracy seems to be waning. I know too many guys who think (because their dad told them, and his dad told him etc...) that it's good due diligence to give their rifle a good cleaning right before hunting season, after they've sighted it in (if they've even bothered to do so, sadly) and then get frustrated that it's off. By the time they get it dialed to where their fouling shots hit, it's back to normal, and it's off again, and so they suffer tremendous insecurity about their marksmanship abilities and lack of confidence in their perfectly good equipment. If it ain't broke, don't clean it! That's the expression, right? One of reasons I'm going to try enduron powders first is the whole copper eraser thing. That combined with hbn coating my bullets and bore should extend the need to clean much further, in theory. Of course, if it turns out that they erase copper only to fill the bore with soot it'll be kind of pointless. We shall see. H1000 is definitely my next powder purchase at this point.

I use H1K as well. Pushing 220/225 ELD's to 2887fps with 75grains. Ue Norma and RWS brass. Best of luck.

45, I use H1000 in four Weatherby calibers. With the summer temps here in Az at 100+ and some hunts in the high country below freezing this Extreme powder has great consistency. The newer IMR Enduron 7977 is a very close match as well as being temp insensitive. H1000 works for me, but every action/barrel is different and sometimes another powder may be the trick.
What for Wetherby calibers?

The well known combo for the 300Win and Berger 215 is H1000 215M between 76 gr and 77gr(high node) with the H1000 very near or above 3,000 fps, some higher, some lower. H1000 is among the most stable powders and hard to beat, especially in the higher temperatures we have out West. Reloder 26, 33, IMR7828 spike above 90F in my guns, H1000 does not.

H1000 is thee powder in the 300 Win Mag, any decent barrel your cleaning because of powder fouling not copper so the idea of being worried about that is worrying about a problem that isn't there.

rl26 26.5" bbl 230 berger(3.6xoal) 2912

Well that's impressive. And there's no signs of excess pressure? It's starting to sound like rl26 is something I should try to find. When I saw the velocity I assumed you were running a 30 inch barrel or something. How does rl 26 compare to rl 25 for burn rate in your experience? Reason I ask is that my local store has rl25 but not rl26.

H1000.
Yesterday I tried some RL-23 with, 178 ELDx's & Berger 190 VLD Hunting. Recorded higher velocities, with low single digit ES + sub 1/4" groups at 100 yrds
I want to try RL26, but none available.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.