Most consistent priming tool

I have the FA hand priming tool and find it helps me seat primers more consitantly. As once it is set up you can only psh the primer so far and the priming tool stops. When set up you can not crush a primer and set up is as easy as turning a dial.
What are you guys using for primer pocket uniformers.
I'm thinking of buying the FA primer seater. What I don't know is how far off the bottom is best for seating primers. As stated I have always seated primers to the bottom of the pocket. Can anyone explain why that's maybe not the best move. What is the better method. Slightly off the bottom??

I have a Lee Work bench Priming Tool and the primers I am be seating are as deep as .015 . What's the best tool that has the most consistency, and how big of a deal is the difference in seating depths, say one is 0.012 and the next is 0.005
I use the LEE Hand Primer. I've developed a FEEL that's like using my hands to seat the primers. Slide in smooth as glass. I prep and clean all my pockets by hand as well. Over the years my friends have gotten LAXED with their power tools in this stage of the loading process. NOT saying its WRONG, JUST that it IS GOR ME! I RIDE each round into my target like a man on a horse, so ABSOLUTE CONSISTANCY is the ONLY thing I'll a crept. Takes a lil more time and effort, but I spend lots $$$ on POWDER, PRIMERS & BULLTES! NOT TO MENTION when I have the TROPHY or shot of a LIFETIME in my sights; I demand FAITH & CONSISTANT PERFORMANCE out of each, and EVERY ROUND! It's just REMOVING 1 more CONTROLABLE VARIABLE from the EQUATION in my MIND! Theosmithjr

I have the FA hand priming tool and find it helps me seat primers more consitantly. As once it is set up you can only psh the primer so far and the priming tool stops. When set up you can not crush a primer and set up is as easy as turning a dial.
What are you guys using for primer pocket uniformers.
RCBS primer pocket uniforming tool works great. They are also guaranteed for life to be sharp.

I use Sinclairs primer pocket uni former. Pop it in the cordless and go.

I use a Lyman uniformer tool. I removed the carbide cutter from the plastic handle, chucked it in the cordless drill. I was amazed at the differences in the primer pockets, and how ununiformed they were. I've found some primer pockets on Hornady brass that were drilled crooked and they didn't clean up completely on the bottoms!

I run my brass through a CH trimmer, it uses chambers to hold the brass, with the brass reversed so I can cut the base square. Then I uniform the primer pockets on a RCBS Case Prep Center. Then trim on a RCBS Trim Pro with motor and 3 way cutters. I prime with an RCBS bench mounted hand priming tool. Fire and separate the fired brass by "as fired" case capacity, marking the base for groups using a carbide motor tool cutter. I use an X for match brass. Then dry, clean and reload by neck sizing (1x bullet diameter), set bullet .003 off the lands. I spray compressed air from a can down the bore to cool after every 5 rounds in a match. I clean my guns after every match, in practice a wet patch before and after every shot. Yep, I shoot from clean guns.
Ed

I DID NOT READ THE WHOLE THREAD,
but i did read the question.
primers should be seated to the bottom of the primer pocket
and given a crush fit of about .002.
TO DO THIS
you need to cut ALL your primer pockets to the same depth.
( if you do not seat them to the bottom, your firing pin will waste energy
MOVING them to the bottom, as in lack of consistency)
a seating tool that does not put them at the bottom is just adding inconsistency.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.