Priming Tool

Hello, What is considered to be a good hand held priming tool ? Thanks

I have ...

P9121841800x502_zps3f5139f7.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/X6XNny8euIE?t=46[/ame]

Last edited:
I had a two of the Lee auto-primes and sold them both when I got the RCBS Universal priming tool as pictured in Feenix's post. It holds a full flat of primers and works like new money. I wouldn't go back to the Lee for $100 and an Elvis vinyl album.

If your just wanting to plug the hole with a primer, then most any will do the job. If you want to feel the primer crush as it's seated, then be very picky. I must have at least a dozen devices stashed away in boxes. Each one was supposed to have been the latest and greatest invention to the re-loading world. Each time I found the priming device on my Co-Ax press to be be superior. A shooting buddy and I bought two of Fred Sinclair's tools, and it was like the sky opened up above us! He's had his for close to twenty years now (he also owns a bunch of devices). I sold mine after a couple months as my hands and it didn't get along. You could feel the primer bottom out in the hole, and then have full control of the crush. I later bought a K&M from the old Lock, Stock & Barrel Company. I loved it! Still use it to this very day.

buy once and save the money for St Pat's Day!
gary

That's one reason I like that APS priming tool...You can feel the primer seat, and know immediately if it's correctly or incorrectly seated.

I also have one of these: RCBS Ram Priming Unit

And it is an excellent unit for seating primers for low-volume loading like precision rifle ammo. I use it mainly for my bolt-action rifle ammo.

Got by with the Lee for years. Upgraded to K&M and have never looked back. Tried a Sinclair, was better feel than Lee and was okay with it until I discovered the K&M set-up. All their gear is top notch.

Saw where a Lee with the tray that holds numerous primers exploded. I load them one at a time now. K&M works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts