Hand priming tool.

I have the 21st primer, touch every primer with my fingers, never taken the extra step to wash my hands and by the targets my F-class gun just shot with load development this past weekend, well pretty sure I would worry about the contamination!

If you do a lot of shooting and reloading I would go with the RCBS bench primer. Fill the tubes 100 at a time and you can roll through brass pretty quickly and your hands don't get fatigued at all and I think it gives you more control and a better feel. I clamp mine to the edge of the bench so that when I'm done I can get it out of the way. I've been very happy with mine.

If you don't do a high volume of shooting the cheaper cost of the hand primers may suit you better.

If you do a lot of shooting and reloading I would go with the RCBS bench primer. Fill the tubes 100 at a time and you can roll through brass pretty quickly and your hands don't get fatigued at all and I think it gives you more control and a better feel. I clamp mine to the edge of the bench so that when I'm done I can get it out of the way. I've been very happy with mine.

If you don't do a high volume of shooting the cheaper cost of the hand primers may suit you better.

You got that right on! I gave up on those hand primers mainly because of arthritis in the hands to a minor extend and the downright fact I can prime many more with the benchtop primer machine that I could ever have dreamed of with the one handed primer tool

I used an old style Lee without a primer tray for years, until it finally wore out. I'm used to priming one at a time, so I bought the Sinclair priming tool. It wasn't cheap, but it's an awesome piece of equipment. I too handle every primer with my hands, and after many thousands of rounds, I have never had a dud. Keep your hands dry and you'll never have a problem.

I've used a few different primer tools, but five years ago I bought a 21st Century primer tool and it's the best, easiest, and most consistent depth setter I've ever used or seen. I cannot imagine a better made seater at any price.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.