Montana rifle company?

I have a MRC AVR in 35 Whelen. Like it a lot, very accurate. I have had a few misfires with my hand loads, but none with Nosler ammo. I will be hand loading the Nosler brass just for it and only to be shoot in the MR, I think this will fix the misfires.

.....I have a MRC AVR in 35 Whelen. Like it a lot, very accurate. I have had a few misfires with my hand loads, but none with Nosler ammo. I will be hand loading the Nosler brass just for it and only to be shoot in the MR, I think this will fix the misfires.......

We've seen a few generally pretty solid.

I have one I bought as a donor, had a couple of misfires, I really didn't think much about before sending it off for re-barrel etc.

Ended up swapping a 14 lb spring for an 18 lb. Also having a bushing placed to tighten up firing pin hole.

I have had a few misfires with my hand loads, but none with Nosler ammo.
The 35 Whelen is very sensitive to head space, you really need to be precise on your sizer die adjustment so you don't set the shoulder back. I have reloaded for a number of them.

I have a 338 Gibbs (338-06 Imp'd) on a Ruger No1, very sensitive to shoulder to base dimension.

Its worse on the Whelen because there is not much of a shoulder.

The 35 Whelen is very sensitive to head space, you really need to be precise on your sizer die adjustment so you don't set the shoulder back. I have reloaded for a number of them.

I have a 338 Gibbs (338-06 Imp'd) on a Ruger No1, very sensitive to shoulder to base dimension.

Its worse on the Whelen because there is not much of a shoulder.
I can take the same round that misfired in the MR and it will fire in my Savage that I rebarreled myself. I talk with some others on here about it and they felt that needing to load specific to rifle was a big issue. One said try putting a nickel between the shell holder and the sizing die when adjusting it. What's your thoughts? Thanks

If you can basically just neck size and not push the shoulder back at all on the brass fired in the savage, load a round and try to fire it in the MR if it does your MR has a longer head space.

If you can basically just neck size and not push the shoulder back at all on the brass fired in the savage, load a round and try to fire it in the MR if it does your MR has a longer head space.
Thanks, when I get time to load some for it I'll try that.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.