Montana Rifle Company Comeback??

nksmfamjp

Just receiced a basic email from them….what are you hearing? What do you see locally?

I was always waffling about getting one of their CRF actions... especially since they did offer a LH version. I never did, then they went the way of the dodo.

If they make a comeback, i'll be looking hard for a LH CRF from MRC. Or I'll just get a Mausingfeld lol

t

I was always waffling about getting one of their CRF actions... especially since they did offer a LH version. I never did, then they went the way of the dodo.

If they make a comeback, i'll be looking hard for a LH CRF from MRC. Or I'll just get a Mausingfeld lol

t
The did offer all models in LH. I have 3 of them. If you run across a used one buy it. They show up every now and again.

Website seems going again. New ownership out of Memphis, MI. So, what's up? Are the making a comeback?

Apparently they are in the beginnings of the release process. The action is apparently finished as is the stock design and they have decided to retain the older Montana barrel making equipment which is where the original company started, with barrels. The big difference is that action body is no longer cast by Ruger and then machined by Montana, they are machined in total from 416 stainless just like most every other custom action in the US. We can probably expect $1250 - $1500 for the action and God knows what the wood stocks will run.

Looking forward to more information from the company.

:)

I have 1 and love it . Was going to be my go to. Then they went bellie up so glad to see them coming back. The one thing I don't like is the machined in rail I don't care for a rail. I hope they offer a gun without it

Last edited:
The website is brief, but looks good for what is shown. Now being owned by an already well-established machining company will hopefully bring a new level of financial stability, QAQC, and CS that the original MRC was sorely lacking. The new model receiver, the "Model 2022", is intriguing. From the photos and text, the new receiver is fully machined (as noted, above), rather than cast, and has an integrated rail. It is looking to be a serious effort to make a high quality product. Hopefully, the new MRC can pull it off.

Last edited:
The original design was sound, it was the execution which made it suffer.

I bought one of the M1999 short action/magnum bolt face which took a little fixing to get it to be what I wanted but even then it lacked a little. :( It works for a decent magazine fed hunting rifle, 6.5WSM.

Beautiful classic style rifle with the best of the classic features, but no classic chambers except 375 H&H. I'd sure like one in 30-06, 35 Whellen or 9.3x62...