MOA evolution rifles and Europtic

jaeger19

So I was looking for a lightweight 338 Rum in a high quality (1 moa or better) rifle.
(lightweight being around 6 pounds or better)
I saw MOA evolution rifles on gunbroker and ordered it through Europtic for 2999.00

The rifle arrived about 8 days later. It uses a Remington clone action. The bolt was smooth.. the metal to stock fit looked good. Has a very small muzzle brake attached.
No thread protector with it. The trigger is a Timney which was set a bit heavy for me at 3.5 pounds. (I will note that when I used my trigger pull gauge over 5 pulls it varied as much as 8 ounces lighter or heavier.) The gun was slightly heavier than I thought it would be, weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces on my scale.
Here was the problem. The gun didn't shoot. A factory round would not even load into the firearm as the bolt handle would not close. It would move down barely half way. I had three different types of factory ammo.. One federal and two different boxes of Remington with different bullets. NONE of them would fully chamber in the rifle.
There was no factory target or spent round in the box with the rifle. Needless to say.. I was very disappointed.
The good thing was that Europtic took the rifle back right away and credited my credit card without a question other than to say they were sorry I had a bad experience.
Anyway.. I thought I would share my experience.

That's scary to hear. Glad that they took it back without issue.

Thanks for sharing. My boss has a 6.5x284 MOA Evolution that he's never even fired. He's changed his mind and isn't going to use that rifle, I think he needs to sell it "unfired".

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts