Mitigating Barrel Whip and Harmonics

Update on me body. I'm still in the hospital. 8 days laying flat like a pancake with pain levels hit 10. The seurgeon can't even operate right now he says. Too much inflammation in my sciatic nerve root. Plan now is to get it all calmed down and do more test. Then fix it right. I broke my back in military on duty 32 yrs ago. I have lived in pain since but this time took me to the most rock bottom of my life that there is. I didn't even now this level existed for me. You guys know I don't like recoil so don't laugh but 2 nights ago when I hit bottom I was in agonizing pain for a bout of 45 min of crying screaming tears and convulsions of 10 level pain and left myself for dead. Really. Just slight more pain than a 300wsm recoil and my life was over. But I can tell you guys I'm on the mend the treatments are starting to work and I hope to leave this place tomorrow evening. I was able to stand for about 1 minute today. I thank every one of you that kept me going through this thread and all the other threads I was on to keep my mind off the pain. Nurses kept walking in the room and saying oh your still typing this late? I just told them it was pain distraction. So I'm off for the moment but I think this thread is going to keep on for awhile. Thanks again Shep

I broke my back 11 years ago, blew out 4 disc & had exteem lower back & down both legs. I had a tens unit I peeled the wires apart & attached 1 to each foot & the other 2 ends to the hips had to turn it on high to go that far & fell asleep. Woke up sreaming in inceadable pain as one on the hip was stuck right on the tip of Mr Johnson. I must have rolled over wrong. I now wear boxers.

Flylo most people will never know that kind of pain. I know exactly what you did and why. Pain is the greatest motivator ever. Anytime someone mentions lumbar spine pain I cringe for them and then L5-s1 pain I will have so much empathy to them that I feel sick. I really don't know how we humans can go through this much but we do. I do it for my family because it wouldn't be enough to just do it for me. Heck just hook me up to that device and change my body into a totally harmonic pain free zone. There is already enough metal in me to mess with. Fight pain with harmonics and nodes.
Shep

Shep, on an Xray I look like a hardware store & know what you mean. Pain 24/7, never ends & I take just enough meds to knock the edge off as I'm still sharp mentally & never want to lose that. I used to fly antique planes, skydive, scuba, race Motocross, bear hunt, etc. Now all I do is shoot & hunt a bit. Enjoy everyday, never put off an adventure as it could all be gone in a moment. The whole world is all harmonics & frequencies. Thanks!

Funny you mention the xray. I got one in August for a preop test for surgery I had in Sept. Back in March I had a new titanium disc in my neck done. I've seen it on x-ray. It's right between 2 spinal sections and looks exactly like a replacement disc. The guy who read my pre-op x-ray from the beginning of the story here writes that I have a foreign piece of metal lodged in my spine and should be further examined by a Dr. That's the kind of people we have working in our VA health care system. Maybe it was put there last time up on that ufo I'm not sure.
I'm not to sure I know anything on these harmonics in our steel or how they will effect our accuracy. Or do we really need to know any of it by a certain number or what not. But barrel whip is important to me for tuning. Maybe we try to over analyse everything and really just need to just tune better. Stay in tune longer. And hold our mouth just right when we pull the trigger.
Shep

Funny you mention the xray. I got one in August for a preop test for surgery I had in Sept. Back in March I had a new titanium disc in my neck done. I've seen it on x-ray. It's right between 2 spinal sections and looks exactly like a replacement disc. The guy who read my pre-op x-ray from the beginning of the story here writes that I have a foreign piece of metal lodged in my spine and should be further examined by a Dr. That's the kind of people we have working in our VA health care system. Maybe it was put there last time up on that ufo I'm not sure.
I'm not to sure I know anything on these harmonics in our steel or how they will effect our accuracy. Or do we really need to know any of it by a certain number or what not. But barrel whip is important to me for tuning. Maybe we try to over analyse everything and really just need to just tune better. Stay in tune longer. And hold our mouth just right when we pull the trigger.
Shep

Sounds like that X-ray tech needs to adhere more strictly to the protocols for getting behind the lead window before he pushes the button. He may have nuked his brain - or maybe he's got some issues with harmonics. I hope you can get your back pain alleviated pretty soon, Sir.

I think it's like most jobs 5% of the people are super stars, 15% pretty good at what they do & 80% marking time till quitting time & don't know or care.

I just got home 30 minutes ago from my 9 day stay at hospital. But the ambulance ride home kicked my butt so bad another ambulance is on the way to take me back to a different hospital. You guys might not here back from me for quite a bit. Pray for me please.
Shep

I just got home 30 minutes ago from my 9 day stay at hospital. But the ambulance ride home kicked my butt so bad another ambulance is on the way to take me back to a different hospital. You guys might not here back from me for quite a bit. Pray for me please.
Shep

Definitely Shep. I'm a night owl generally, if you can't sleep PM me and I'll tell you boring stories for distraction.

So here's the update. In a few they are transferring me to Pittsburgh to the best Neuro hospital there. Drs there actually want me to come now. So off I go in 20 min. I will see a surgeon tonight. Thank God seems like they care.
Thanks for the prayers maybe that's why this will work. You are good people on here.
Shep

So here's the update. In a few they are transferring me to Pittsburgh to the best Neuro hospital there. Drs there actually want me to come now. So off I go in 20 min. I will see a surgeon tonight. Thank God seems like they care.
Thanks for the prayers maybe that's why this will work. You are good people on here.
Shep

Shep,

I hope this ambulance ride goes better for you than the last one did. When you get there, remember - nobody works late going into a weekend unless they really care. We'll keep the prayers coming.

Nick