Minimum yardage for .30-378 Wby. vs. Whitetail deer???

Use a good quality bonded, or mono metal bullet and shoot them in the pump house, no problem.

Steve
Yep, that's where I always shoot them...unless I get a bad angle, then you have to pick & choose carefully.

I think I'm probably going to go with an Accumark .257 Wby. with a Zeiss Conquest 3-12x56 scope, Harris BiPod, shooting Weatherby 110gr. Accubonds.

Or do you think that the Cor-Bon DPX Hunter 115gr. Barnes X would be a better candidate?

Don't question my abilities until you've seen me shoot, please?

Just because I don't know your "slang" internet-forum term for Ballistic Coefficient, you assume I don't know how to take long range shots?

I have made more than my fair share of 400+ yard shots on game.

Most of which were with a Browning A-Bolt Composite-Stalker w/ BOSS, in 7mm Rem. Mag....using an original Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 FireFly 3-9x50 with a 30mm tube & German #4 reticle.

Shooting Federal Premium 160gr. Barnes Triple-Shock XLC-Coated X-Bullets (factory load).

I have also shot many other things in the 1,000yd. range with my custom-built, M24-barreled, Remington Model-7 .308 Win. sniper rifle. Topped with a Nikon Tactical-Elite 2.5-10x44 with dual-IR (green/red), infinite parallex adj., 1/8 MOA Infite-Adjust turrets & a 4" sunshade.

Yeah, I don't have expensive & nice guns because I have money....B/c I DON'T have money.

I have them, b/c I collect them...and I KNOW how to use them.

What's the point in having a $6,000 sniper rifle, if you don't know how to use it properly???

That's like buying Lieutenant Dan (Forrest Gump) a bicycle............it's pointless?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.