Meopta Optika6 vs Vortex PST Gen 2

nksmfamjp

I have a Vortex Viper PST Gen2 5-25x. I ordered a Meopta 3-18x FFP MRAD for my new build hunting rifle.

I'm wondering how these compare optically. This is my main hang up.

If the Vortex is as good or better, I think I can accept the turrets. Then I would move that to the hunting rifle....only issue left is the higher 3x low end magnification. I kind of want the 3x low, but I think I could live with 5x low....

You have the vortex already, you already ordered the optika6--- when the optika6 comes in you can compare them and let us know what your opinion is . Its going to depend on your vision, hunting distances, what kind of eye relief,, field of view, magnification you like etc.
I find optics are owner subjective.

I know Gen2 PST are well-regarded, but have been hearing great things about the Optika6. Please do keep us up to date—when do you expect to have it in hand?

I know Gen2 PST are well-regarded, but have been hearing great things about the Optika6. Please do keep us up to date—when do you expect to have it in hand?
Well, that is the issue....I've been waiting 5 months and I hear it could be a couple more. If I cancel that, I could shift the Vortex to the light rifle....also not done and put an Athlon Cronus on the heavy rifle....but honestly, I wanted the scope in hand to make that decision. I'm a little anxious it may not even be in production anymore looking at the Meopta site.

The glass was ok on my 4.5-27x50. But nothing great and maybe a bit better than a vortex HS 4-16x50. Biggest problem was the scope didn't track. Meopta has some nice features in this line up. They also need some better reticles. Mine came in at $1200 Canadian. The meopta is a good scope at that price. Wish I could of kept it but sent it back for a refund.

The glass was ok on my 4.5-27x50. But nothing great and maybe a bit better than a vortex HS 4-16x50. Biggest problem was the scope didn't track. Meopta has some nice features in this line up. They also need some better reticles. Mine came in at $1200 Canadian. The meopta is a good scope at that price. Wish I could of kept it but sent it back for a refund.
Was yours the Optika6? I'm surprised to hear you rate it along the lines of Vortex HS—I have heard folks comparing to PST, but I know everybody's eyes are different.

Yes was a Optica6 4.5-27x50. I don't have the best eyes. But the vortex was clear to me. I did not do any low light testing. Vortex is a HSLR I think. It's just a standby I use when waiting for scopes to come in. Think I'll spend the money and go NX8. I need it to track. The Meopta was doing very weird things. Got it on paper. Was three MOA low and needed to go 4 MOA right. Dialed the scope and wasn't on paper. Hit way in front of the target. Dialed up 15 MOA and elevation was close but it was now 4 MOA to the right. That was enough for me. Took it off the gun and sent it back the next day.

Man, that's unfortunate. And frustrating.
Others have had great tracking with their Optika6s—yours is the first I have heard of with poor results. That will make me think twice. I'm also considering a Cronus BTR.

Yes was a Optica6 4.5-27x50. I don't have the best eyes. But the vortex was clear to me. I did not do any low light testing. Vortex is a HSLR I think. It's just a standby I use when waiting for scopes to come in. Think I'll spend the money and go NX8. I need it to track. The Meopta was doing very weird things. Got it on paper. Was three MOA low and needed to go 4 MOA right. Dialed the scope and wasn't on paper. Hit way in front of the target. Dialed up 15 MOA and elevation was close but it was now 4 MOA to the right. That was enough for me. Took it off the gun and sent it back the next day.
Totally agree that is unacceptable....kind of wondering if that is a one off...Did Meopta or retailer take care of you?

Last edited:
Retailer gave me a full refund. Treated me very good. Meopta was very anxious to get my scope so they could diagnose the problem. I only shipped the scope back about two weeks ago so I haven't heard what the problem was.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts