MDT HNT26 Chassis System

First chassis I ever bought back in 2012 or so was a McRee and I would be hard pressed to ever buy one again. The build quality was fine, but the ergonomics were clunky and they needed to do some serious machining to make the grip and chassis connection flow together comfortably. Now I have an MPA and they do a really good job of machining recesses for your thumb on both sides and I just find it much easier to shoot. Feels like more time and effort was put into the design, granted it cost more. I think McRee makes a solid, utilitarian product, but it lacks the finesse of more premium offerings.

You are one of the first people I have seen to not like an MDT product.
My first MDT was 2015 (I think), a LSS-XL. I like the design and ergos, and it was certainly lighter than the stock it replaced. However it was a rough finish, with oversized sling studs so you couldn't fit a bipod without modification, and the magazines hang up in the magwell. Still, I liked it enough to buy a Tac 21 for Black Friday around 2017. Much, much nicer, great concept, a heavy summich, but still a rough finish and their magazine stop keys are for the birds.
Then I bought a custom rifle off another shooter that had been put into a McRees chassis. It was in their "USMC Red" anodized finish. I don't care what anyone says, it looks like "tutu magenta", a.k.a. dark pink, to me. The finish was much nicer, the ergos felt better to me, and the weight was between the LSS XL and the TAC-21. The built in bubble level is a joke.

In reality, if I were to buy another chassis, I'd look to others anyway. The one thing I am sure of is that I hate plastic stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.