Mdt hnt26 or xlr element 4.0 magnesium?

Lee7588

I'm considering a chassis system, looking at Mdt hnt26 and xlr element 4.0 magnesium with folding stock. I typically shoot traditional stocks, not to worried about weight, my traditional is a light weight. I'm not a competitive shooter, just a hunter. My other option for a stock is a McMillan game warden. Share your pro's and con's in case I've missed anything.

I'm considering a chassis system, looking at Mdt hnt26 and xlr element 4.0 magnesium with folding stock. I typically shoot traditional stocks, not to worried about weight, my traditional is a light weight. I'm not a competitive shooter, just a hunter. My other option for a stock is a McMillan game warden. Share your pro's and con's in case I've missed anything.
A con for most chassis for hunting in general, is exposed metal in cold weather. they're exceptional for sucking any warmth out of your hands.

I
A con for most chassis for hunting in general, is exposed metal in cold weather. they're exceptional for sucking any warmth out of your hands.
I do have that in mind. I'm trying to figure that part out. But it isn't a huge concern, I do wear gloves when it gets cold

The vertical grip isn't a concern for cold, the forearm grip I was thinking of using a sports tape or something similar. I use it on my bow grip and works great

Does no one have an opinion on this? Just giving it a morning bump
I considered them both but went with CA MPR on my .338 Thor.

.338 Thor scoped 4 of 4.jpg

.338 Thor scoped 2 of 4.jpg

Have you listened to this podcast, has a lot of valuable insight for them both.

I have no experience with either, but I love having a folder in the field (308 Sig Cross) and I am considering swapping my 300 for chassis/folder based setup. For me it is the extra suppressor length while having it strapped to the pack that has me shifting directions. The cold hands, even with gloves, is a thing on the aluminum hand guard. Have always had a great experience with the folks at MDT, no experience either way with XLR

Have you listened to this podcast, has a lot of valuable insight for them both.

I have no experience with either, but I love having a folder in the field (308 Sig Cross) and I am considering swapping my 300 for chassis/folder based setup. For me it is the extra suppressor length while having it strapped to the pack that has me shifting directions. The cold hands, even with gloves, is a thing on the aluminum hand guard. Have always had a great experience with the folks at MDT, no experience either way with XLR
I haven't listened to that podcast but will be. I like the idea of my rifle being more compact when packing, less bushwhacking. I also run a suppressor so that plays into packing.

I have the HNT26 folder, just got it a month ago. Hunting with it now.
Grip is too swept back. Will prob replace with something more vertical. The carbon fiber is much better in cold weather than metal. Folder is tight. Nice stock. I like it.
I have an Element 4 magnesium on order.

I have the HNT26 folder, just got it a month ago. Hunting with it now.
Grip is too swept back. Will prob replace with something more vertical. The carbon fiber is much better in cold weather than metal. Folder is tight. Nice stock. I like it.
I have an Element 4 magnesium on order.
I you have to press the folder button to open and close, have you found it a hindrance?

Different mechanism with my Cross, and admittedly I believe less user friendly, but it doesn't bother me at all. Open or close it is easy enough and don't see it being an issue.