MDT HNT26 Chassis - Field Opinions?

Anyone build using this chassis using defiance long actions for .300nm or .338LM?
Nope, but I've got one I shoot suppressed in 7 prc..having consistency issues, and believe it needs to be bedded..have to imagine the Norma's/lapuas would be well served by bedding it. Also if not really into it the buttstock sometimes seems to have a good vibration on recoil, I'd think that would only be amplified with said cartridges

Thank you for the feedback. Really hoping to find a lightweight chassis that is not so cold to the touch for my bigger calibers. My current norma setup it 14.5lbs and the lapua is 11.5.

So I have been hunting with one for the past two years and it is by far the best chassis I've ever used. It's a few oz lighter than my EH1 with bottom metal but I find it more comfortable to me. I personally like the shape of the grip as it fits my hand well, it definitely makes maneuvering the rifle easier than a traditional stock. If they weren't so expensive and offered a 3.715 LA version I'd own more.

View attachment 490339View attachment 490340

I bought the wood grip mainly for looks but the carbon fiber one does have one big advantage.
View attachment 490338

That being said if I had to do it over I would have skipped the factory ARCA and added the SRS pic/arca rail in the front and a short arca section towards the back. The carbon fiber arca is a bit slick and it is a bit uncomfortable to hold without gloves in the middle of the hand guard and just in front of the front action screw.
I want one so bad!!

Can you give us some details please? Cartridge, barrel length, scope and total weight with and without the suppressor.

Thank you.

I have two in SA w/folder. One in 7mm Creed and the other in 6/6.5 PRC. I like them alot and have just ordered an XM plus for my 7SS and LA version for my 7 PRC.
However, I really like my LRH stocks too. But the folder is nice too transport or attach to your backpack

I want one so bad!!

Can you give us some details please? Cartridge, barrel length, scope and total weight with and without the suppressor.

Thank you.

So the rifle is a bit different now as I swapped actions from an Archimedes to the CDG and put the NX8 back on it but the rifle is 10lb 5oz with the suppressor and a magazine, barrel is an 18" carbon6 magnum contour in 6.5 PRC. Suppressor weighs around 12 oz so the scoped rifle weight is around 9lb 9oz and the bare rifle is around 7lbs 5oz. A lighter action such as the Anti-X could easily shave almost a pound off the rifle as the ARC actions are fairly heavy at 34 oz.

I plan on tearing down and rebuilding several rifles this week so I'll get some updated weights on the components, bare rifles and complete set ups.

So the rifle is a bit different now as I swapped actions from an Archimedes to the CDG and put the NX8 back on it but the rifle is 10lb 5oz with the suppressor and a magazine, barrel is an 18" carbon6 magnum contour in 6.5 PRC. Suppressor weighs around 12 oz so the scoped rifle weight is around 9lb 9oz and the bare rifle is around 7lbs 5oz. A lighter action such as the Anti-X could easily shave almost a pound off the rifle as the ARC actions are fairly heavy at 34 oz.

That was me, shaving every gram I could... but wouldn't give up the Terminus Zeus switch barrel @ "37.76 oz." I also need I lighter can with mine @ 18.87 oz, The Enticer L Ti @ 10.5 Oz would be lighter & quieter