MDT Chassis Question for Tikka T3s

BigSky!

I have an MDT chassis on a Ruger American Predator and really like it. Consequently, I'm planning to buy one for a Tikka. Does anybody know if the long action version will work with a short action Tikka. I ask because, as we all know, the Tikka T3s all use a long action with just shorter magazines. However, the MDT chassis requires specific "action length" magazines. Any input would be appreciated.

I have an MDT chassis on a Ruger American Predator and really like it. Consequently, I'm planning to buy one for a Tikka. Does anybody know if the long action version will work with a short action Tikka. I ask because, as we all know, the Tikka T3s all use a long action with just shorter magazines. However, the MDT chassis requires specific "action length" magazines. Any input would be appreciated.

I believe your question is already answered on another forum, correct?

Tikka T3 only comes in one size action. You just need to specify short or long depending on the caliber of the rifle, and therefore the magazine being for long or short.

So for a .308, 6.5cm, .300WSM etc you would get short
And for .300wm, .270, 30.06 etc you would get long.

Yes, it was, and, via e-mail from your helpful Raul. Thanks for the response. It makes sense when you think about the Tikkas have modified magazines to accommodate the longer action. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.