Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

Oops!! 60 grain V-Max at 152 yards. Hope everyone is well!!
IMG_8166.jpeg
IMG_8165.jpeg
IMG_8165.jpeg

I've heard the expression "spill your guts, but. . ."
I was actually surprised that the V-max did that. I usually expect that kind of result from an 80 grain pointed soft point out my .243. Anyway, sometimes terminal performance is unpredictable. Usually, my results with a V-Max are far less dramatic and sometimes, I can't even find an exit hole on a hog like that. I have learned, however that a varying distance and velocity can make a big difference.

I'm getting a bit bored. It's a dreary day in central MD, so I'm getting creative. It's 185-200 yard chip-shot to the food plot from the MBR and there's a big fat chuck down there eating the deer fodder. A little overkill with the 6.5L and a 143 ELD-M but I don't care. If I don't get him tonight, I should have a crack at him in the AM. He's been coming out around 7:30AM. The report will double as an alarm clock. At least that's what I plan on telling her.View attachment 190288
Awesome that is the best

Talking about shooting out of the house, I live in area where it is technically illegal to shoot because there are houses within 1000 feet. But when I was trying too sight in my .22 bench rifle using target loads (which are sub-sonic) I thought "what the hell" and built a 50 yard range out the back door. No houses in that direction, so I figured "no problem."

On the first shot, both horses jerked their head up like "what was that?" Second shot they started racing around. I knew the wife would not like that, so I've closed that range. Horses are a pain in many ways!
No hay burners here I've killed everything from trophy deer,Turkeys and even a limit of doves from the back porch and also 1 squirrel that morning while sitting in a wheelchair after knee replacement my wonderful wife was my retriever that morning she's the best woman God ever made

Yeah that's a pretty good hole lol. They are a destructive son of a gun that's for sure! One shot one kill, the range and or method sometimes is irrelevant lol. Just saying
It doesn't matter what you use when you're having fun shootin those ground pigs. I've used everything from a recurve bow to a 30-06!

A few years back one decided to try to set up camp in the backyard. I slowly and quietly slid open the sliding screen door to the sun room took careful aim from 50 feet and cracked one off with a .357 Sig. To say it was instantaneous death is an understatement. He looked like he exploded.

I'm getting a bit bored. It's a dreary day in central MD, so I'm getting creative. It's 185-200 yard chip-shot to the food plot from the MBR and there's a big fat chuck down there eating the deer fodder. A little overkill with the 6.5L and a 143 ELD-M but I don't care. If I don't get him tonight, I should have a crack at him in the AM. He's been coming out around 7:30AM. The report will double as an alarm clock. At least that's what I plan on telling her.View attachment 190288
Loo
Looks like pre-meditated murder to me. LOL

Not out of the MBR but scored on this Fat Mamma at 400 with the 6.5L. Not bad for an East Coast Long Range hunter in training! Couldn't have made the shot without the LRH braintrust helping me hone my reloading skills. 143 ELD-X on 36 grains of Varget. Dialed up 6 minutes. Life is good!

View attachment 193447View attachment 193448
Dang YZ, I live in S.Texas and we don't have these down here, but I didn't realize they were that size! wow that's
as big as coon. LOL

One of my favorite pastimes. Sniping those things. Keeps me sharp for larger game too. Used a .17HMR in Ohio. having a little bit of a problem finding a place to shoot the little suckers in my new State of Michigan. Don't know to many people yet. They're actually not bad eating either. just need to get as much of the fat off 'em as possible.