Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

Taylor got one too! All by herself and brought it home. She was so proud!
IMG_7781.jpeg

It's funny because as a domesticated dog, she gets fed regularly and she really doesn't quite know what to do with her catch when she gets it. She kinda just picks it up, parades around the yard for an hour or so, intermittently laying down in front of it like in the picture. I give her an hour of fame and when she's done, I collect the critter and either double bag it and throw it in the trash bin in the garage or pitch it in the woods.

It's funny because as a domesticated dog, she gets fed regularly and she really doesn't quite know what to do with her catch when she gets it. She kinda just picks it up, parades around the yard for an hour or so, intermittently laying down in front of it like in the picture. I give her an hour of fame and when she's done, I collect the critter and either double bag it and throw it in the trash bin in the garage or pitch it in the woods.

They've all got some predator instincts in them. Sometimes it's buried pretty deep, but you never know when it's going to come bubbling up to the surface. It's a lot more common in house cats than it is in dogs, but even the little lap dogs often show predatory tendencies on occasion. I wouldn't want to see a little yorkie or a fifi-dog go after a woodchuck, because they'd probably come out second-best. Any of the hound breeds, though, and I would expect it to be a bad day for the chuck.

😂🤣 I just now hung a 100 yard target and walked back to my rifle. Got down prone and looked through the scope and to my amazement this ole' girl was standing @ 10 yards behind my target!!! Well, I'd say my first shot went right where it was supposed to. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 489864
Man I thought fo sho we was gonna have a really dead woodchuck with a 300 grain Pittman hole!!!!!