Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

IMG_8263.jpeg

The one I'm after is coming out between 7:15 and 7:30 AM like clockwork and I think it's a preggers female. They are supposed to have their babies in May. She came out this morning but my wife was still asleep so I couldn't uncork the 6.5L out the doors! She won't show herself in the evening for some reason. I had her ranged at 190.

Master bedroom hunting can be fraught with frustration!
I do something similar: I shoot out of my elevated study window. I use a dedicated .22 Rascal with a Hammers scope zeroed for Federal CB .22 Quiet Ammo. It's only something like 720 fps but it will do the job. (I only have a fraction of your distance). 👍

The one I'm after is coming out between 7:15 and 7:30 AM like clockwork and I think it's a preggers female. They are supposed to have their babies in May. She came out this morning but my wife was still asleep so I couldn't uncork the 6.5L out the doors! She won't show herself in the evening for some reason. I had her ranged at 190.

Master bedroom hunting can be fraught with frustration!
You need to get a suppressor. Would it be wrong to have you lovely bride sleep with ear plugs? Maybe you could tell her you don't want your snoring to bother her. FWIW, I wish I could sleep until 7am. 🙂

You need to get a suppressor. Would it be wrong to have you lovely bride sleep with ear plugs? Maybe you could tell her you don't want your snoring to bother her. FWIW, I wish I could sleep until 7am. 🙂
I'm usually going to bed at that time. Or a little past. lol

YZ, simmer down, our days are coming. The stuffed critter just reminds you of what they look like. Once in awhile when we get a few warm days on the eastern shore, I see them in the afternoons. It won't be long. I just built a 22br in the fall, and I can tell ya, it's ready to eat. We got yotes here now too. Hang in there bud. Hog bustin time is near.

I was actually surprised that the V-max did that. I usually expect that kind of result from an 80 grain pointed soft point out my .243. Anyway, sometimes terminal performance is unpredictable. Usually, my results with a V-Max are far less dramatic and sometimes, I can't even find an exit hole on a hog like that. I have learned, however that a varying distance and velocity can make a big difference.
The Vmax's are bad hombres on hogs bud. Terminally devastating always! Rock on bro.

YZ, simmer down, our days are coming. The stuffed critter just reminds you of what they look like. Once in awhile when we get a few warm days on the eastern shore, I see them in the afternoons. It won't be long. I just built a 22br in the fall, and I can tell ya, it's ready to eat. We got yotes here now too. Hang in there bud. Hog bustin time is near.
DON'T TELL ME TO SIMMER DOWN!!! I got to score! NOW!!!