Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

I've seen them on fence posts fairly often, and have long wanted to watch one climb up there. They just jump to get down, unless you shoot them right off their perch. We used to have an old apple tree in the back yard that had fallen over, and the trunk was at about a 45-degree angle. The woodchucks would walk right up into the tree and munch down on apples until they had had their fill. It looked kinda funny to see one way out on a branch, and if a little kid went up the tree after it, the 'chuck would just keep going until he ran out of branch. Then it would jump, and run back under the garden shed into its hole.

Did not actually shoot these groundhogs with a rifle but I thought i would share the pictures of a baby groundhog in the field and a mature groundhog on a fence post.
Shot many off of fence post/rock walls. rocks, and a few in the tree.
Called "Rock Chucks"
I got about 40 Farms in my GPS where I would hunt with my hunting buddy - he is in his 90s now and doesn't hunt anymore. .. All in NE PA. have not been there in three years and a lot of the Farms quit Dairy (milk cows) since they got a lot of money from Natural Gas on their property. Boy the good times we had hunting chucks!

Last edited:
Shot many off of fence post/rock walls. rocks, and a few in the tree.
Called "Rock Chucks"
I got about 40 Farms in my GPS where I would hunt with my hunting buddy - he is in his 90s now and doesn't hunt anymore. .. All in NE PA. have not been there in three years and a lot of the Farms quit Dairy (milk cows) since they got a lot of money from Natural Gas on their property. Boy the good times we had hunting chucks!
Now the farms are selling or leasing for solar panels. Pays more than farming. Before long people will be eating bugs as Gates wants.

Well, fellas…..I just knocked off this big ole' male with the .300 black out. The 110gr V-MAX sure shut his lights off! He was not lollygagging around on a fence post, however. 😇
IMG_2509.jpeg

Did it again @ 10 minutes ago. Looked out my kitchen window and there he stood……big ole' boar about 75 yards off. I snuck out with the Savage .22LR and put one pretty much in his ear! Bang, FLOP….Lights Out!! 😇
View attachment 473714View attachment 473715
I seen one out my back window about 2 weeks ago. Shot was about 10 yards. GH stands about 2 ft tall on his hind legs, eating weeds. I thought about shooting him with pistol out the window. But I didn't, because there wasn't much sport to it. I had a opportunity last year to get a somewhat sporty shot at him. But he was slicker than me. By the time I got the gun & came back outside he was gone. There were a few other times I saw him, but he's always in a dang safe zone, due to neighbors homes. I have been dealing with this guy for a few years now. I live close to the road. I figured he would get run over before I get a shot. But nope. He's smart enough to stay away from the road. lol