Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

Sweet! Sounds like a good plan for Double Trouble! Shortly after sunrise here this morning there were 3 different Tom's gobbling their silly heads off.....probably 2-300 yards from my back porch. One of them was on my property....the other 2 were on the farm next to me. Good luck brother....with the Tom's AND the 'Chucks.
Silly birds! 50 yards off my deck 4 long beards! And I haven't turkey hunted in 20 years!!!

Attachments

• 234A212A-50DE-49DE-9727-5A2EEA644469.png
    234A212A-50DE-49DE-9727-5A2EEA644469.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 309
Silly birds! 50 yards off my deck 4 long beards! And I haven't turkey hunted in 20 years!!!

Looks like it's time to dust off the ol' turkey slayer and pop one of those birds. That one that's all puffed up like a beach ball looks like a likely candidate to me. Don't forget to post a picture ……..

If you post a picture of a big gobbler next to a little kid with a big grin, it will MAKE MY DAY !!!!
I'll try my best for my boy! I haven't called a turkey in 20 years but he's got a .410 he's been shooting pests with! I hope this makes your day!!!! I sure wish I had pics of my childhood hunting forays with dad! He sure likes reloading no video games for him, I hope lil brother follows suit! He's only 6 deer he shot at 50 yards all by himself with my 6creedmoor, well was mine he claimed it.

Attachments

• F12D40A1-6D3E-4B1E-BB74-9D9ED0D50391.jpeg
    F12D40A1-6D3E-4B1E-BB74-9D9ED0D50391.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 346
  • FC72F7D0-2C84-418E-88E6-C8C4A59E132C.jpeg
    FC72F7D0-2C84-418E-88E6-C8C4A59E132C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 340
  • 92C5E720-9865-4DB7-80C2-BB764AB00E45.jpeg
    92C5E720-9865-4DB7-80C2-BB764AB00E45.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 330
  • A1797E50-C3AA-4D98-AA2B-40D8FCD2B1DF.jpeg
    A1797E50-C3AA-4D98-AA2B-40D8FCD2B1DF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 342
I'll try my best for my boy! I haven't called a turkey in 20 years but he's got a .410 he's been shooting pests with! I hope this makes your day!!!! I sure wish I had pics of my childhood hunting forays with dad! He sure likes reloading no video games for him, I hope lil brother follows suit! He's only 6 deer he shot at 50 yards all by himself with my 6creedmoor, well was mine he claimed it.

VERY COOL !!! Looks like you're bringing the little guy up right. Little brother is probably chafing at the bit to get in on some of this action when he's big enough. When all the other kids are fiddling with their cells phones, your boys will be connecting with dear ol' Dad in a tree-stand somewhere, waiting for the big one. This really does make my day. Thanks, and God bless you guys.

VERY COOL !!! Looks like you're bringing the little guy up right. Little brother is probably chafing at the bit to get in on some of this action when he's big enough. When all the other kids are fiddling with their cells phones, your boys will be connecting with dear ol' Dad in a tree-stand somewhere, waiting for the big one. This really does make my day. Thanks, and God bless you guys.
Thank you sir!!!!

My three year old isn't grasping the gun safety concept yet but I let him shoot his 22. Both remain supervised 100% of the time but my 6 year old is safer than a lot of adults!

That's because when they're little like that they will do what you tell them to do. They don't have "a better way" of their own, and don't yet know "EVERYTHING." This starts to occur during the teenage years, as you will soon see. If you continue to connect with your boys and keep them close as they grow older, I think you'll find that most of what they think they know during the tumultuous teen years may actually be correct, since they will have learned it from you. I still remember the lads I grew up with who were close to their fathers, and they just seemed to know more about stuff in general than the ones who weren't. Ponder that, Sir ……..

That's what I'm talking about

Buck

That's because when they're little like that they will do what you tell them to do. They don't have "a better way" of their own, and don't yet know "EVERYTHING." This starts to occur during the teenage years, as you will soon see. If you continue to connect with your boys and keep them close as they grow older, I think you'll find that most of what they think they know during the tumultuous teen years may actually be correct, since they will have learned it from you. I still remember the lads I grew up with who were close to their fathers, and they just seemed to know more about stuff in general than the ones who weren't. Ponder that, Sir ……..
Absolutely!!!! I didn't have a perfect childhood but I know my father always tried his best to teach his children everything he knew! Dairy farming through the late 40's until he enlisted in the USMC. One thing I'll never forget is that under his firm hand was a heart that always had time to take us hunting and shooting. I try to approach my boys the same way just a softer hand on the butt when correction is needed!!