Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

I live in a semi-rural area in San Diego County. We have more than our share of the forty pound cockroaches, more commonly known as coyotes, that constantly try to to eat our dog. So far the coyotes are on the losing end of the equation but I worry that my ten year old pooch is not going to come back someday.
To the point. I have shot coyotes in many stages of undress whether or not everyone is awake. My wife has seen three coyotes teaming up on our pooch and has been very nice to me when I let one rip. I have used a 17 HMR but I don't like the lack of dead right there with the small bullet. They die but not where I can find them. My favorite is my 22-250. 70 grain Berger has been, much to my surprise, very efficient. I have to admit that the distances that I am shooting are not very long, between 10 yard and longest 168 yards.
Bottom line for me is I just don't like coyotes and shot them on sight. Front porch, bedroom porch and back porch. Doesn't matter.
Stay far enough in the room and the outside report is much softer than
View attachment 190477Glock 23 40 yards directly across from my house last fall. There's a ton of them around right now. It's time to break out the 22-250 and go to town
It was a mere 50 yards but that 85.5 grain Berger out of my 22 creedmoor build did the trick. Surprised it had enough FPE that far away.

Attachments

• 60C0BA51-21EE-4FBB-9C4E-7FD291924558.jpeg
    60C0BA51-21EE-4FBB-9C4E-7FD291924558.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 195
We don't have any woodchucks or groundhogs. Feeling a little left out. Tell ya what, I'll trade you a boxcar load of armadillos and wild hogs. Throw in a 55 gallon drum of fire ants for an even dozen of those woodchucks. Young ones.
Oh, and wifey likes to shoot at hogs off the deck with night vision. I'm a lucky guy. If I shoot she doesn't rant, she wants to know did I get it and what was it! Life is good. Maybe you should let her take a shot?

We don't have any woodchucks or groundhogs. Feeling a little left out. Tell ya what, I'll trade you a boxcar load of armadillos and wild hogs. Throw in a 55 gallon drum of fire ants for an even dozen of those woodchucks. Young ones.
Oh, and wifey likes to shoot at hogs off the deck with night vision. I'm a lucky guy. If I shoot she doesn't rant, she wants to know did I get it and what was it! Life is good. Maybe you should let her take a shot?
Is the trade dead or alive????😊

I'm goin down next to the plot for spring turkey in the AM.
Sweet! Sounds like a good plan for Double Trouble! Shortly after sunrise here this morning there were 3 different Tom's gobbling their silly heads off.....probably 2-300 yards from my back porch. One of them was on my property....the other 2 were on the farm next to me. Good luck brother....with the Tom's AND the 'Chucks.