Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

About 15 years ago I walked out the door on the back porch with my German Shorthair Pointer on my heels. Before he was fully out the door he took off like he had been shot and I turned to see what was up. He had spotted a groundhog in the garden, about 20 feet away. Before I could even react to what was up, he had grabbed the animal by the nape of the neck and given it a hard shake that snapped its neck! Target acquisition, homing in, and kill before I even figured out what was happening! Talk about a dog that was wired for the hunt!

I used to live in Frederick, MD in a community. Below my house was a water retention area that had a whole colony of groundhogs. After they destroyed my wife's green beans in the little garden she had I started taking them out with a 22lr with subsonic ammo. Took out 6 without anyone in the community the wiser. The last one played it safe and stayed about 140 yards out. One day I pulled out the 17 HMR and let him have it but boy was that crack loud! I was really worried someone was going to call the cops but it was worth the satisfaction of watching him flip up in the air.

I used to live in Frederick, MD in a community. Below my house was a water retention area that had a whole colony of groundhogs. After they destroyed my wife's green beans in the little garden she had I started taking them out with a 22lr with subsonic ammo. Took out 6 without anyone in the community the wiser. The last one played it safe and stayed about 140 yards out. One day I pulled out the 17 HMR and let him have it but boy was that crack loud! I was really worried someone was going to call the cops but it was worth the satisfaction of watching him flip up in the air.

It's been my experience that one shot is really hard to nail down, especially with a can. Especially if you gift a bull whip to a couple local kids. The po-po might come knock on doors to placate Karen Down The Street who has called in 3 times this week for other stupid stuff. Ive had the pleasure of several discussions with the local chief just what the heck is involved in blowing a shoulder forward with cream of wheat. Glad I live in the country now.

I had a live in girlfriend quite some time ago.
She came out of the bedroom one morning and looked down the hallway. There I stood -
Stark naked leaning over the kitchen sink and out the window with a 22 trying to knock a crow out of a tree. What a laugh!!
Good times
Glad I'm not the only one hahaha
Calendar? Lol

Talking about shooting out of the house, I live in area where it is technically illegal to shoot because there are houses within 1000 feet. But when I was trying too sight in my .22 bench rifle using target loads (which are sub-sonic) I thought "what the hell" and built a 50 yard range out the back door. No houses in that direction, so I figured "no problem."

On the first shot, both horses jerked their head up like "what was that?" Second shot they started racing around. I knew the wife would not like that, so I've closed that range. Horses are a pain in many ways!