Mass Shootings - Why?

removal of God/Jesus from our society. we are a nation built on biblical principles whether you like it or not.
too may single parent households
too many prescription drugs.
social media - nothing good comes from social media.
I used to worry about a large scale EMP.
Now I think it may be the solution.

The Bible tells us that the things that are happening today will get worse before the end.

The cause of mass shooings are not a one issue ordeal.

The medias report and general outburst gives credit to these things, and the publics response gives validation to the act itself for those who wish to do evil. The fact is, it gives a solution and influence to those who don't know how to deal with social issues.

In most cases, especially in the most recent case, the signs are almost always there. This recent shooter was know to cut this face, and drive around shooting strangers with bee bee guns. He would curse his grandmother online in front of the police and post it online. Case and point, fault or no fault, this kid wasn't right. That's without mentioning the social frustrations of being a kid. Kids are mean. They were mean when I was a kid, I'm sure kids are still little a-holes today.

Its the change of times, now that mass shootings has been promoted by the media to other mentality ill people to reenact, the lack of of security in schools just shows how some states, counties, districts etc don't actually care about the risk.

Most of the conversations, and the problems with talking with "representatives" is that politicians rather just poster their respective political narrative. It doesn't nothing to help a conversation.

I agree! $30B would make an excellent source for securing our schools. WE need to help ourselves first.
When we have the audacity to embrace an America first stance much will get better. I'm not speaking of a political figure. Rather the monies we spend securing other countries. To paraphrase Rand Paul let them hate us for free.

20,000 kids go missing from foster care every year, nobody even looks for them.

A family system so broken as to need a foster system this large, will produce broken people.

Congress just approved another $40 billion in aid for the Ukraine war effort. This brings the aggregate to $53 billion. I am not arguing that this is good or bad. That is another issue. My question is, how much security could be purchased with $53 billion to protect our most valuable assets - our kids?

What I am arguing is, with 99,000 public schools in the US, could we not employ trained security for these schools? I mean a full-time armed security service that is adequate in number and in training. We seem to find the resources to provide security for banks. Our elected officials are protected by security. Our airports are "secured" by TSA at some unfathomable cost.

It is well established that if there are armed individuals at a location and that this is widely known, shooters and others bent on violence give that place a pass. Shooters and other miscreants are happy to see a "No Firearms Allowed" sign on the door.

An initial substantial expense would need to go to harden a school so that access is carefully restricted and controlled. Then the money would go to pay the salaries of security services whose job it is to protect people.

I have no confidence in our attempts to "red flag", or otherwise prevent these mass shooting from happening. Our track record is dismal! Let's put our assets and efforts in protecting our kids!

Congress just approved another $40 billion in aid for the Ukraine war effort. This brings the aggregate to $53 billion. I am not arguing that this is good or bad. That is another issue. My question is, how much security could be purchased with $53 billion to protect our most valuable assets - our kids?

What I am arguing is, with 99,000 public schools in the US, could we not employ trained security for these schools? I mean a full-time armed security service that is adequate in number and in training. We seem to find the resources to provide security for banks. Our elected officials are protected by security. Our airports are "secured" by TSA at some unfathomable cost.

It is well established that if there are armed individuals at a location and that this is widely known, shooters and others bent on violence give that place a pass. Shooters and other miscreants are happy to see a "No Firearms Allowed" sign on the door.

An initial substantial expense would need to go to harden a school so that access is carefully restricted and controlled. Then the money would go to pay the salaries of security services whose job it is to protect people.

I have no confidence in our attempts to "red flag", or otherwise prevent these mass shooting from happening. Our track record is dismal! Let's put our assets and efforts in protecting our kids!
I agree that schools could use more funding for security, but here's a possible problem. It sounds like the Uvalde School district invested a bunch of money to up the security there using some governemnt funds. They had a security guard there and he or she "confronted" the shooter. But even thought the doors and gates were supposed to be locked it sounds like they were open. If this is true then it's most likely a school administration policy breech. There are reports that the school is normally locked up but was left open so that parents could freely enter to accept awards for their children. If that is true that makes this even more tragic.

Sorry, but I can't see any evidence that the current administration is worried about the actual Citizens (esp. taxpayers) needs. Not close enough to the election I guess.

Sounds like he just had a birthday so possible he got birthday money, but it's a good question. I suspect it's mostly birthday money and maybe combined savings. He could of been planning this for sometime, maybe years. I see AR's stocked at LGS and I live in a small rural community. Ammo has been in stock for a couple of months in my area. As far as getting that much ammo at one purchase that would depend on the store.
I'm not being a smart butt here but when is the last time you saw a Daniel Defense AR at your local GS

I'm not being a smart butt here but when is the last time you saw a Daniel Defense AR at your local GS
I think just yesterday. I might be mistaken because I was there getting medications for my Mom and that took priority. Our drug store is also our LGS. From the news agencies DD is based in Texas. So it's probably even easier to get them there.

The families as well as the rest of the Country are in mourning and the innocent children and teachers have not even had their funerals.
Their troubles are over.

Matthew 19:14
14 ​Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Children are totally innocent. Free pass, straight to heaven. Their presence here was interrupted by evil, but they will live forever. My sadness is for those left behind. Especially those that have no right relationship with God. They will have the hardest time reconciling what has happened and not being overtaken by darkness.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

not only that bean, but how much money did you get for your 18th birthday? i dont recall, but it wasnt enough for me to go out and buy a $1,300+ rifle. and then another rifle on top of that. and what do you think the chances are that DD will be sued by the victims families like remington was after sandy hook?

Sounds like he just had a birthday so possible he got birthday money, but it's a good question. I suspect it's mostly birthday money and maybe combined savings. He could of been planning this for sometime, maybe years. I see AR's stocked at LGS and I live in a small rural community. Ammo has been in stock for a couple of months in my area. As far as getting that much ammo at one purchase that would depend on the store.
I would bet for his 18th birthday he received many credit card applications.
Tom

I guess I'll offer my thoughts as the father of two young children (who are homeschooled). I think we are continuing to try to treat the symptoms rather than the root cause. We have a society of absentee parents. We push to have a consumer lifestyle that forces both parents to work in many cases and we have culturally accepted single parent households, divorce, screens as a babysitter, poor nutrition, and lack of a loving healthy mental environment for kids. We also have issues with society constantly asking the government to do more but complaining about increased taxes which means public servants continue to make less and less while being asked to do more and more which means that the good ones quit and move on to private industry and the bad ones just sort of do the bare minimum. There has to be a shift towards personal accountability and we as a society need to accept some responsibility for the state of our affairs.

Just my thoughts.
So many good responses here.....I'll second this one, many others as well, & offer my 2 cents.....
America does not have a gun problem.....a gun is a tool & will not fire till the trigger is pulled. (unless it is defective)
America has a spiritual heart problem......In addition to many of the other causes listed by others.....I submit that if we as a Nation return to the Lord, humble ourselves & seek his face, that He will forgive us , heal our land & our hearts.
The democrats will never get rid of all the guns, & their proposals only punish the law abiding gun owners & do nothing to get at the heart of the matter.....they are only interested in control, & further dividing people as indicated by the Covid lockdowns of the last 2.5 years.