Mass Shootings - Why?

It does not say it is a requirement. It says it is necessary to the security of a free state. You are saying that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with with the security of the free state. It just says people have the right to own guns but does not specify why. Now, can you tell everyone else that the 2nd amendment is just to preserve our freedom to own guns and nothing more. It has nothing to do with protecting any other freedoms or taking on the government when it gets out of hand or any other foolishness.
Are you high?

I did not say any of that. Go read my post. Or have someone else read it to you.

I said the militia is not a requirement for the right to be preserved from the government.

There is no condition given that allows the government to infringe on the right to keep and bear.

I agree with you in that they will never confiscate firearms this country. There are hundreds of millions of guns out there. Even if they wanted to confiscate ARs, there are probably 20 million in circulation. It would be impossible.

I am even more certain that the events you listed will never happen here. At least not in any of our lifetimes. Maybe in 100 years or so when the livable areas of the earth have shrunk even more and the populations continue to rise and everyone tries to squeeze into smaller areas. Currently 1.9 billion people, 22% of the worlds population, get their water from glaciers and they are all melting off and in 100 years the entire continent of Africa will be one big dessert. I don't care if you want to deny its happening or blame it on man, God, or space aliens. Its happening and there is nothing that can be done to stop it. I am sure immigration is going to be a real popular subject. On a positive not, we will probably be one of the last civilizations to fall. It will probably be our great grand kids who have to deal with it so why worry.
Want a breathtaking check on reality? Listen to the podcast Joe Rogan did with Yeonmi Park (episode 1691 August 3, 2021). It is a very difficult and sobering listen. She is the woman who was born and raised in North Korea, but escaped and found her way to the United States. She subsequently attended Columbia University. Hearing her describe how much her "indoctrination" at Columbia reminded her of North Korea is sobering. She cites in detail how our freedoms are rapidly eroding. She is worried about our country right now!

History gives us an unending list of societies that think all will be well, then it all rapidly turn to crap.

So I think we are whistling past the graveyard if we become complacent. And it could occur within decades, not centuries.

Mike, I will always feel a teacher has the same right to self defense as you or I. Denying that right is much more than wrong. Gun free Zones are kill zones. I would not work in a school if I could not carry. I also think making them carry is just as bad an idea as not letting them carry. Carrying a weapon and the responsibility that goes with it has to be a personal decision.
We are absolutely on the same page in both aspects.

I do not believe anyone that doesn't want to carry should be forced to do so. That will create an extremely dangerous situation.
However, anyone who wants to take on the responsibility and all requirements that go with it should be allowed to.

Provisional data from CDC's National Center for Health Statistics indicate that there were an estimated 100,306 drug overdose deaths in the United States during 12-month period ending in April 2021.

I have agreed with alot of what you have said here Orange Dust but I have to call you out on this one. It is not Washington's job to secure schools it is a local issue as it should be. The feds shouldn't have anything to do with local issues. This is how all the BS starts with people expecting a bunch of politicians most of which are fools to solve their problems. When you make a gun free zone you make a soft target period. There are some good ideas on here but there is no solution. Harden schools the psychopath will move on to the next soft target. Take guns and they will use bombs. Been going on from the beginning of time and anyone who thinks they have a solution is kidding themselves. We don't live in a Utopia and never will. A wise man once said "Only the dead have seen the end of war". That is what this is IMO a war against the mentally ill.
I'm with you but they did take over the schools and are not going to put them back under local control. You hear Mark Levin? They are threatening to withhold free lunches from any school that doesn't embrace their gay policies and crt. Sounds like they have lots of skin in the game to me. You hear Biden new plan? All lies and proposed not one thing that will help, as expected. They sure plan to punish us though. They are worse than the shooter. I never expected them to solve the problem. Just wade in and make it worse. Looks like that's their plan now too.

Last edited:
Jim, there are many, many militias in this country. Just because you know nothing about what you're saying,doesn't make it so.
And now you think the 2nd amendment should be diluted.
You a biden fan, aren't you???
Arkansas has more than most. They have all pledged loyalty to the Governor and have volunteered for any emergency. The fed hates them and calls them terrorists. The feeling is mutual.

Its funny that when someone does not agree with the majority in a thread, they are called a troll because if they weren't a troll they would agree with everyone. It throws the whole echo chamber out of wack when someone does not fall in line with the majority and it causes people to get flustered and scream troll.
When you favor bans and changing the 2nd amendment, how would you expect others to think different.

Recent Posts