March F 3-24X52 initial impressions and video.

No it does not.
Have you found it to be a problem? Also how does this compare to a Ziess V6 or leopold VX6 or the Leica? I am building a 6mm Creedmoor for varmints, Deer and Target stuff. I am looking at the march scope because of the range I could do only one scope. Other wise I could do 2 scopes but they would both be of less quality. I have GPO Tac 4.5-27 and that is just not good enough compared to the ziess and leupold vx6, I want my glass to be on par with those. I could skimp a little on the lower powered scope but Im looking at the Tract ELR scope and maybe the moepta 5-30. But then I would need an other hunting scope so that would be $$ and something like the ziess v6.

Have you found it to be a problem? Also how does this compare to a Ziess V6 or leopold VX6 or the Leica? I am building a 6mm Creedmoor for varmints, Deer and Target stuff. I am looking at the march scope because of the range I could do only one scope. Other wise I could do 2 scopes but they would both be of less quality. I have GPO Tac 4.5-27 and that is just not good enough compared to the ziess and leupold vx6, I want my glass to be on par with those. I could skimp a little on the lower powered scope but Im looking at the Tract ELR scope and maybe the moepta 5-30. But then I would need an other hunting scope so that would be $$ and something like the ziess v6.
It hasn't been an issue, but this rifle is just a truck gun. I'm not sure how the turrets would fare being drug through thick brush or something. But they are very firm and not super easy to turn. The glass is probably on par with both of those other scopes. I've had them both as well.

My March has been in real thick country in MT wilderness areas, alder,yew brush, plus I rolled my jeep with it strapped to cage and it never lost zero
IMG_0636.JPG

How do you compare the glass against the NX8?
How is the March from 20-24? I've heard it darkens quite a lot around the edges.

I"m choosing between these two scopes and trying to make a decision, although I haven't totally discounted the MK5 5-25.

How do you compare the glass against the NX8?
How is the March from 20-24? I've heard it darkens quite a lot around the edges.

I"m choosing between these two scopes and trying to make a decision, although I haven't totally discounted the MK5 5-25.
I think the glass goes to the March. I don't notice any darkening above 20X, it just takes a more precise head placement to get a crisp, full image. The NX8 is the same way. I also owned the Mark 5 5-25. It is a massive scope. Glass is better than the march and the NX8. But durability issues would have me steering clear. If you don't care about weight, you can't go wrong with the 4-32 NX8. If you're being weight conscious and want a legit scope in the 23oz range, the March is excellent. I would own either the March or NX8 and not complain much.

I think the glass goes to the March. I don't notice any darkening above 20X, it just takes a more precise head placement to get a crisp, full image. The NX8 is the same way. I also owned the Mark 5 5-25. It is a massive scope. Glass is better than the march and the NX8. But durability issues would have me steering clear. If you don't care about weight, you can't go wrong with the 4-32 NX8. If you're being weight conscious and want a legit scope in the 23oz range, the March is excellent. I would own either the March or NX8 and not complain much.
That echoes what I've researched as well and I'm probably going with the NX8. If the Leupold had a reputation of tracking like a Nightforce I think they would rule the market in that price range because they do have some good glass in that $2000/ish price range.

The reason I'm not totally discounting the MK5 is because a few people who have used and been around A LOT of them (100's) haven't seen any more of a problem with them than any other scope brand.

That echoes what I've researched as well and I'm probably going with the NX8. If the Leupold had a reputation of tracking like a Nightforce I think they would rule the market in that price range because they do have some good glass in that $2000/ish price range.

The reason I'm not totally discounting the MK5 is because a few people who have used and been around A LOT of them (100's) haven't seen any more of a problem with them than any other scope brand.
I've never had an issue with any leupolds, and I've owned a few. But, my very close buddy has had two VX5's fail, and just recently his 3.6-18 Mark 5. I loved my Mark 5's, but I just need more mental reassurance on my hunts is all. And yes, aside from the bulk of the scope, at $2000 and 31oz, It absolutely dominates the NX8 in optical performance. But not durability.

I've never had an issue with any leupolds, and I've owned a few. But, my very close buddy has had two VX5's fail, and just recently his 3.6-18 Mark 5. I loved my Mark 5's, but I just need more mental reassurance on my hunts is all. And yes, aside from the bulk of the scope, at $2000 and 31oz, It absolutely dominates the NX8 in optical performance. But not durability.
Yes, I've heard of many more failures with the VX series than I have with the MK5. Then out of the MK5 series it seems as though the failure rate seems to be much, much higher with the 3.6-18. Your buddy's experience is the same with an acquaintance of mine who has no less than 6 MK5's and the only failure he's had is with the 3.6-18, and his stuff gets used and abused very hard.....like dropping off ledges type hard.

But, I'm with you on the reliability and will most likely go with the NX8 for that simple reason.

Did you say the Mark5HD in your opinion has better glass than the March??